Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Bleeding brakes on 14BFF on '83 RV

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by mattman, Nov 26, 2001.

1. mattman

mattman 1/2 ton status

Bleeding brakes on 14BFF on \'83 RV

Maybe some one can help/has seen this problem. My dad has an RV based on an '83 one-ton chassis with a 14BFF rear. The problem he is having (I haven't seen this myself so I'm describing as best I can) is when he is trying to bleed the brakes he is having a heck of time getting a wrench on the bleeder screw. He says the springs and the deep set drum make it real bear. I was posting here since with all the 14B's floating around maybe someone has experienced the same problem and has a creative solution.

90 GMC Jimmy, 350 TBI, 700R4, 32's, D.O.D.
    84 Bronco II 210,000 smoking and going.........

2. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

Re: Bleeding brakes on 14BFF on \'83 RV

Is he using a bleeder wrench or just an open end flare nut wrench? I've got a bleeder wrench that looks like an "L", with a socket welded on each end. Can't get much leverage with it, but it fits into tight spaces and doesn't round off the bleeder screw.

<font color=black>HarryH3 - '75 K5</font color=black>
    <a target="_blank" href=http://www.angelfire.com/super/ThunderTruck>www.angelfire.com/super/ThunderTruck</a>
    It's a great day to be alive...

3. POWERMAD

POWERMAD 1/2 ton status

Re: Bleeding brakes on 14BFF on \'83 RV

yep I have several. of course all mine are Snap-on and they are about $30 ea.
    They work great though.
    Good thing I use them all the time.

<font color=green> Too bad ignorance isn't painful </font color=green>