Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Bleeding Heart Liberals cont......

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by bigburban383, Apr 27, 2004.

1. bigburban383

bigburban383 1/2 ton status

Enlighten me, is a BHL like an ultra-liberal person?

2. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

I think most of the general group names being flung around are pretty inane seeing as they catagorize more widely than they should

That being said, I have no idea what it means, that's why I don't throw it around like some people, Liberal, sure, but Bleeding Heart?

Probably means that they are making self appointed martyrs of themselves for any cause they can get thier hands on

ANYWAY

I just got a full emerald in Diablo 2, and as I am all snotty from a head cold, back to sitting on my ass

3. landsmasher

landsmasher 1/2 ton status

WITHOUT READING YOUR POST!!!!

Let me enlighten you... This is a place of fun... and politics and religion have no place here in my humble opinion... So lets all stick to the subject of being ass holes and drinking and partying and wheeling and that way we can all stay friends... Lets not invade our fun with political garbage that will produce nothing but hostility in our wonderfull family of friends. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

4. bigyellowjimmy

bigyellowjimmy 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Let me enlighten you... This is a place of fun... and politics and religion have no place here in my humble opinion... So lets all stick to the subject of being ass holes and drinking and partying and wheeling and that way we can all stay friends... Lets not invade our fun with political garbage that will produce nothing but hostility in our wonderfull family of friends.

[/ QUOTE ]

Whats the Lounge for then, strictly drinking, partying and wheeling talk? Political or religious content is not the problem, its how people take things personally and flame and get nasty, heck that even happens in the Garage over a stinkin' slow roll with kids in the back! /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

To answer the question, yes, a bleeding heart liberal would be a left wing liberal.

5. Resurrection_Joe

No heart attack or mouse pictures either! Damn it! /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

None of that goofy rabble rousing skydiving crap!

I think CK5 shall endure, as it has endured, and is self regulating, if some drunk guy can make 80 posts in a row, then others can discuss the fundamental basis of religion

6. gm4x

gm4x 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    WITHOUT READING YOUR POST!!!!

Let me enlighten you... This is a place of fun... and politics and religion have no place here in my humble opinion... So lets all stick to the subject of being ass holes and drinking and partying and wheeling and that way we can all stay friends... Lets not invade our fun with political garbage that will produce nothing but hostility in our wonderfull family of friends. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

How about this.....get together with Millionaire Skelly, start your own site.....THEN tell eyeryone (who gives a rat's rear) what they should & shouldn't say?

Politics & religion happen to be part of everyday life, and have just as much a place here as enywhere. If you don't like the posts....DON'T READ THEM.

"Drinking, partying, & wheeling"? Geepers Wally..........

Thank you for the "enlightenment" /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif

7. landsmasher

Well let's see now... How do I answer all these questions and stuff now... Ok I won't... New rules... anything goes...

How's that? /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

8. landsmasher

You gonna argue with a dog?

9. Resurrection_Joe

Grihm, being half of a third an already trinitous demi god, would be so powerful that it would be futile to argue with him

And since when did cowboys jump out of airplanes.....

Oh yeah, since Dr. Strangelove

10. bigburban383

So yeah, what is a bleeding heart liberal, google does me no good /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

11. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

Who gives a rats ass? I don't have time to break up liberals into little groups, I don't like ANY of them! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

12. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

a "bleeding heart liberal" is a person whos entire political ideology is based on the fact that they feel sorry for certain people (poor, minority, whatever) to such a degree that they want to take all of your money and give it to said "unfortunate". In turn they expect the votes of the masses.

Some people who fit into this catagory really do have the best intentions in the world... they are just very emotional and have no grasp of basic human psychology, history or economics... the rest of 'em are after political power, pure and simple. Think about it... rob a rich guy... give some crappy bene's to 10 poor guys and when elections come you just got a net gain of 9.

j

13. bigburban383

Thank you jekbrown, I now know what they are and it makes sense /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

America has to many of these people: Lets spend 1.3 billion to rennovate every single nook and cranny for wheelchair people (New York). I want my mentally challenged, kid with no potential to learn or benefit the society, to goto a regular school, oh he cant then your going to send him to tokyo for $200,000 a year.

There is more that I am reading from the book, "The Death of Common Sense". Its and interesting book. He talks about how OSHA can really do more harm then good, and why Bleeding Heart Liberals /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif are ridiculas.

14. bigyellowjimmy

bigyellowjimmy 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    There is more that I am reading from the book, "The Death of Common Sense". Its and interesting book. He talks about how OSHA can really do more harm then good, and why Bleeding Heart Liberals are ridiculas.

[/ QUOTE ]

Logic and common sense are not generally used in the equation when a bleeding heart lib makes a decision. They use impulse and emotional feelings. They also never take personal accountability into consideration, its always societies or someone elses fault. They believe that everyone is good at the core and if you just "give them a chance" they will turn out to be honest, law abiding citizens in every case.

15. Resurrection_Joe

Know what I think about the crippled and retarded?

[self edited to prevent myself from being crucified]]

THATS WHAT!

16. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

[ QUOTE ]
    Thank you jekbrown, I now know what they are and it makes sense /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

no problemo amigo, Im all over those kinda left-wingers like stink on chit. lol! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

j

17. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

BINGO /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gifto /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

18. mogas

mogas 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Some people who fit into this catagory really do have the best intentions in the world...

[/ QUOTE ]

The road to Hell is paved with good intentions.

19. Resurrection_Joe

...and bad rejection letters....

20. 4by4bygod

4by4bygod 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    So yeah, what is a bleeding heart liberal, google does me no good /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Bleeding heart lib: One who fears offending others so much, he won't take his own side in an argument.

Tom /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif