Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

bleeding hydro clutch

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by RootBreaker, Aug 5, 2006.

1. RootBreaker

RootBreaker 3/4 ton status Premium Member

Ok so this isnt a question... but another tip....but read on..

so my wife was pregnant and rootbreaker hasnt left the driveway in weeks.. maybe a month or 2... (wifey had a baby boy.. 8lbs 4 oz July 22, 2006 @ 4:07am - 14 minute delivery total time!!!! :crazy:

well I got in today as I had to goto CVS... figured id "Warm Up The Tires"...
    get in.. put key in... turn key a bit but right before ignition....

push cluch in and it was like someone stole my clutch.... nothing was there...
    awww so flimsy pedal.....

so I get out and check under the truck.. I know my np205 has been leaking but now there is a puddle before that puddle....:doah:

pop the hood and no fluid in the clutch resivour....

go to cvs in the camaro.. then pickup some brake fluid....(as my father said that is all it is...)

so I get back and I try and bleed it.... I fill the resivour and try the gravity feed.... didnt work...

I have a craftsman brake bleeder...
    [​IMG]

so I try that... get the cup filled twice.. still no clutch pedal...

now I know alot of yall had problems bleeding your clutch.. when I did the conversion I did not unhook it so everything was in tact and worked when I installed it...

so I have another way for yall to bleed the system as this way worked....
    I removed the piston.....
    let it expand all the way out.. filled the resivour...
    got under the truck and slowly pushed the piston in and out... all the way in and hold... all the way out.... kept doing this.... seems it got all the air out as I now have a clutch... :bow:

however I didnt fix the leak as I think it is the piston.... oh well will do that another day....