Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Blew my spider gears..

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 82K5_6.5L, Feb 26, 2005.

1. 82K5_6.5L

82K5_6.5L 1/2 ton status

so me and a friend just dropped the front diff.. found 5 pieces of gear at the bottom of the diff. :( so, now that i have ****ed this up, i am going to re-gear my front diff to match a 12 bolt that i have for the rear. the gears in the 12 are 4.10's, so i am looking for some good, yet not expensive ass ring/pinion gears.. a friend has a 10 bolt that i could hopefully get teh spider gears from, so i should be ok there.. but there is no point fixing it right now until i get new gears.

u guys/gals have any suggestions on good gears? i was qouted by Desert Rat $175 + shipping, cuz they dont have it in stock.. (i know, they arent the best, but thats basically all we have in town.. ) any suggestions would be great.
    and please dont tell me to not put money into a 10 bolt, im doing it, unless a 60 magically apears on my doorstep. :D

thanx guys- Juice

2. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

The easy answer to the spider gears is get a lockright and be done with the spiders. Get a lockright for the rear at the same time and do some real wheeling with that pig. Drag your butt up to Florence Junction sometime and hits some trails with us Phoenix guys.

Harley

3. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

I know Genuine Gears aren't the best gears but they have a lifetime warranty and are $150+shipping from 4 Wheel Parts. You can usually get them to knock 10% if you play your cards right. I run Genuine Gears in my 14bff rear. So far so good.

Might call Randy's Ring and Pinion too, they usually have some good prices.

Harley

4. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

5. 82K5_6.5L

82K5_6.5L 1/2 ton status

well... i bought 4.10 gears from 4wheel parts, $149, plus an install kit for like 70.. so all together it was $230, free shipping. I know genuines aren't the greatest, but they are warrantied so at least if I break em I can just keep getting new gears for free until I can afford a 60. so me and camotoy and e-roc, pulled off my rear 10 bolt, started to cut teh shackles for a reverse shackle flip, but the grinder crapped out and the sawzall wouldn't do the job... so i got the 12 bolt painted and ready to install, looks good. It will be going in tomorrow, im getting a whole new front carrier for the 10 bolt for free, then when the gears get in, i will swap those in.. so i will be back in business in the next week.. im so ****in excited!!! but im off to a party