Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

blew my tranny adapter in half

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by scrapmetal, Dec 20, 2001.

1. scrapmetal

scrapmetal 1/2 ton status

was sliding down a snowy hill I stupidly decided to go down in my Blazer, 60f, 14ff, sm465, 205tf, locked with 456's, ended up sliding off a huge mound into a stump, smashed into that then almost endoed, then slid to the road and stopped, said, wow that was interesting, went to put her in gear and all it did was grind, got out and saw my transfer case barely hanging on. So had to hike out ten miles to get my buddys rig. He couldnt even get within a mile of me, so I said to hell with it and winched off the next hill, and slid again, cept this time the winch line snapped me back from going to fast. That poor old dana 60 front would have been in bad shape had I not had a skid plate I built for the cover. Needless to say wont be doing that again. It must have hit that front end so hard that the driveline rammed back and shattered the adapter in half, along with the coupler inside, blew it to pieces. Also needless to say Im a little rough on things up here in Northern Idaho.

Never been stuck, just temporarily delayed.
    <a target="_blank" href=http://hometown.aol.com/bcscrapper/myhomepage/index.html>hometown.aol.com/bcscrapper/myhomepage/index.html</a>

2. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

Would really like to see someone re-making these things a bit stronger than the cast stock ones...

Dorian
    My tech/links page: <a target="_blank" href=http://www.dorianyeager.com/index2.html>www.dorianyeager.com/index2.html</a>
    Why insist on counting when the ring gear has the tooth counts stamped in?