Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

blew out my DIFFERENTIAL with 37" tires!!! how do i fix it??

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by mike83blazer, Nov 16, 2002.

1. mike83blazer

mike83blazer Registered Member

blew out my DIFFERENTIAL with 37\" tires!!! how do i fix it??

I was going up hill and when I got to the top I took a hard left and I heard a large bang and it felt like I hit a tree.
    The engine stalled and the truck came to a stop!! I tried to move it only to find the it was completely stuck from the back wheels. I removed the rear driveshaft and threw it into 4x4 mode and I was on my way again. Does anyone have a better idea of what happend? And what I will need to fix it?? To give you a better idea of what my truck is, here is a link , http://www.pless.net/blazer.htm
    Please help, I am average car guy and with instuctions I can do almost anything.
    Mike Pless

2. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

3. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

Re: blew out my DIFFERENTIAL with 37\" tires!!! how do i fix it??

Sounds like too big of tires for a 10 bolt to me and you blew it up. Get a 14 bolt. You could get a 14SF from a late 80's up truck and it will still have 6 lug but as big of tires as your running I would recomend the full montey with D60 front and 14 FF rear.