Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Blinkers blink really fast

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by MTBLAZER89, Feb 10, 2005.

1. MTBLAZER89

MTBLAZER89 3/4 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

I thought that usually meant that one end was burnt out. Well all my lights are good, but they are going about double the usuall speed.

2. dontoe

dontoe 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

More than likely just a worn out flasher IMO.

3. mechted

mechted 1 ton status Premium Member

it can be a sign that the flasher module is going out... do your hazards flash at the same rate, or at the normal rate? Hazards are on a seperate module so its an easy way to track it down to the module
    the modules are identical (functionally anyway) so you can swap the 2 for now, then replace at leasure

4. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

could be a few things ..

If you are towing a trailer,you need a havy duty flasher,the cheap plastic cased OEM one is designed for only the factory bulbs that came with the truck--a heavy duty one will flash more than 6 bulbs at a normal rate,the cheap one becomes a strobe when you add more lights to the system...

Are you sure all the bulbs are working??--it could be a filament in the bulb(s) have broken and are touching the other one,causing a feedback,the bulb will still light up,but not the correct filament is actually lighting up....also the wrong bulbs can cause weird problems,if you substitute 1157 bulbs for 2057 bulbs,the "dim" filament will light up when the brakes are depressed,instead of the "Bright" one,and the "bright" filament will be lit up when the parking light are on..(backasswards!)
    Bad grounds often plauge GM tailights,and the "new" style 88-up tailights are notorious for printed curcuit failure(they use printed curcuits instead of wires inside the taillight housings,they corrode and the copper dissapears)--a new tailight housing is the only fix there...it could be the directional switch too,but I'd check all other possibilities first--thats a pain to change if it is the switch,but the usually dont fail that often...:crazy:

5. Ryan B.

Ryan B. 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Ricers pay a lot to get a flasher like that. the fast blinker mod... you should be proud.. those ricerocket guys are envious of you. :cool1: