Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

blinkers not working......

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by stallion85, Dec 8, 2006.

1. stallion85

stallion85 1/2 ton status

Will the blinker relay going out allow my 4 ways to work, but not my blinkers? When I turn the headlights on both the blinkers light up inside on the dash, but do not respond to the column switch. The 4 ways work fine though.....:doah:

What's going on?

2. JEBSR

JEBSR 1/2 ton status

Yes it can. Could be several things though. I would swap that out first as cheap as they are.

3. makovai

makovai 1/2 ton status

[​IMG]

4. JEBSR

JEBSR 1/2 ton status

5. stallion85

[[​IMG]quote=makovai][/quote]

Napa said they were all out:dunno:

6. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

has 2 flashers...

The 4 ways have a separate flasher of thier own..both the flashers are in the fuse box..

If your turn signal idicators glow when you put the headlights on, there is probably a bad ground causing a feedback,or one or more directional bulbs may have one filament broken, and its laying over onto the other filament in the bulb,that is for the parking lights..or a bad flasher can do it too..time to start checking bulbs and wires..hope its not your directional switch,that can cause this too,but they dont fail very often..

I think you can swap the 4 way flasher for the directional one, to test if the directional one is faulty--they have the same 2 prong setup..:crazy:

7. stallion85

Went to the JY today and grabbed three relays. Turns out it was a relay as my blinkers work again:)

The blinker lights still glow when the head lights are on. I will check what Diesel4me has suggested.

I thouroughly enjoyed my trip to the yard this morning. Me, a bag full of tools, and a 100 chevy's to pillage from.......it was the best part of my week so far.

8. FWP

FWP CRS

Yup, Bad ground or unhooked somewhere. Had the exact same thing happen, I accidentally cut a ground wire when "cleaning" up the wiring... Ha, took me 3 hours to figure out what I had done :doah: