Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Blinkers or switch??

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by CaveBlazin, Sep 23, 2004.

1. CaveBlazin

CaveBlazin 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Ok has anyone ever taken off there steering column to replace the key switch and when you did, was there a problem getting the turn signal lever back in there and working properly??? I did this and now the little piece that holds up the lever seems to not want to work in the down position only in the middle and up position. Hope this makes sense let me know if not??

2. ugly_blazer

ugly_blazer 1/2 ton status

Have you turned your steering wheel? Sometimes it will be positioned just right so that it won't catch. /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

3. pvfjr

pvfjr 1/2 ton status

Did you put this in there? [​IMG] Or just some smaller part of the assembly. Things were pretty straight forward when I replaced mine. Fixed some of the weirdest problems I'd ever seen.

The mechanism for the switch is all in the part pictured above. So if that's new, it should work fine. Like he said though, if the wheel's in the wrong position, the cancelling cam will keep it from turning on.