Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Block is in the shop

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by sled_dog, Feb 21, 2005.

1. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

Dropped the 383s block off at the shop on Saturday. Just getting checked and bored .030 over. End of March she should be going together.

I got a pleasant surprise when I tore down the motor, completely ready to accept my roller camshaft and 4 bolt mains. :D

Can't wait to button that bottom end up. Still really not sure what I'm running for induction/fuel. Either TPI or Propane, really on the fence. Oh well, shes getting 10.5:1 compression either way.

2. Emmettology 101

Emmettology 101 3/4 ton status

Congrats!

Just curious as to why you're set on 10.5:1 comp?

3. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

To regain the lost power from slow burning propane I would think.

4. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

if I go the propane route that is the reason. If not then just because. I'm not set on it, and really I think it will be more like 10:1. I need to decide, if I want to run propane I may cut down the heads a little. The compression is just what the shop I'm dealing with and the piston manufacturer says I'll get with the 383, 64cc heads, and flat tops. It is an offroad only vehicle so if I have to mix a little gas or run just the good stuff I see nothing wrong with that. I think I'll be fine with 93 or 94 pump fuel.