Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Blockbuster Sucks

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Bullet, Jan 24, 2005.

1. Bullet

Bullet 1/2 ton status

Alright, so Blckbuster has the new policy of no late fees, right? WRONG!

This past weekend, I rented Nepolean Dynamite and White Chicks under the impression that there are no more late fees and that I can turn the movies in about a week or so.

2 days after the supposed due date, I get a phone call saying that the movies are late and if I don't return them in the next day the full price of the two DVD's will be charged to my account.

So I reluctantly drive up to Blockbuster in Billy Badass mode wanting to know what happened to their new policy. Apperantly, if you watch the commercial there is very small print "Participating Stores Only" Ok...

There wasn't a single sign or notice in the store I went to stating the fact that they were an independant franchise and that they were not participating in the no late fee policy.

The 'New Blockbuster'?!? I concur.

B******s :mad:

2. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

Bad Bad Bad Bad! You Rented Terrible Cinema! Go Watch Something Good Now!

3. Bullet

Bullet 1/2 ton status

It's amazing how much an influence your girlfriend has over what movies you'll watch sometimes :smirk:

4. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

Understood!

5. kgblazerfive

kgblazerfive keymaster Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Another Blockbuster story, Moved to AZ had been going to this BB for about five years no problems knew people their by name and face had my BB card from NJ about ten years old kind of sentamental. A new manager came into the store and decided to be an as. . Somehow my name had been deleted off my own account even though my card had me as the primary account person. So this lame-o cops an attitude about how he is taking my card and I'm going to have to apply for a new account. Somehow my wife had become the primary card holder and I was not included on the account. We are still married and all, he just would not let me rent movies, I had even done the movie watcher deal that they had. This guy is like making a scene like somehow I changed my card and my account in their computer and i'm trying to steal their movies or something. Remember I had been going to this store for about five years with out a incident. Needless to say I have not been to a BB since, Hollywood only for me. I think that I was even in my uniform at the time.

6. divorced

divorced 3/4 ton status

Just be thankful that you didn't have to buy them.

7. ronnny

ronnny 1/2 ton status

I don't want to talk about bb my wife broke her leg there. They didn't even act like they cared.

8. big_truxx

big_truxx 1/2 ton status

I never rent anymore since I have to drive 20 min to get to the rental place. :grin: I saw the "participating stores" bit on the comercial for bb... thought that was lame as all heck. but like all businesses today must read the fine print and then the finer rint. They all have something up their sleeves.

9. bigyellowjimmy

bigyellowjimmy 1/2 ton status

Our local BB has huge signs covering all the windows saying "The End of Late Fees" and "The New Blockbuster"..........I cut up my BB card 3 yrs ago because of a bogus late charge. I agree with you, their attitude leaves much to be desired

10. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

my bb back home rocks. I know a few people that work there and some of the high school kids don't care. In the past year I paid for no more then 30% of the movies and if I questioned alte fee in anyway they just took it off the account :D I wish we had a BB near me here in Blairsville. We have a Movie something, it sucks. All rentals are 5 days, which I guess is nice but if it just came out hta tmeans you have to come back next week to try and get it. That and they stock like nothing. I wanted to rent Resovoir Dogs on DVD, they only have it on VHS. Our BB back home had like 3 copies of it, 1 VHS and 2 DVD. I don't own a VHS player and I refuse to watch VHS unless its someones home movies.

11. RingMaster4x4

RingMaster4x4 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I stopped using BB because I could never get the movie back on time. I now rent all mine form Netflix.com:D

12. tiger9297

tiger9297 1/2 ton status

I agree BB is horrible. They should tell you in that ad that they do away with late fees but after a week they charge you for the **&%$$# movie. I remember back when people first started to rent videos years ago, and you could rent a movie for ONE night for about $1.50. Now they charge you around $5 or so. Sure they let you keep it for 5-6 days I guess, but I only need it for ONE night. I don't want to watch the movie 10 times. Most of the time I take it back the next day anyway. Heck, when I take it back to BB I'm just hoping they actually log it back in. ..........There starts another loooooong cr@ppy BB story .......

13. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

Whenever I walk into blockbuster they're slaughtering puppies and kittens and peeing on the flag. They're like, super evil or something.

14. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

rofl

15. Desert Rat

Desert Rat Fetch the comfy chair

Strictly Hollywood Video for us. BB has all kinds of different prices around these parts, late fees, restrictions on rental days for new movies,and is usually crowded. We also had a BB card and when we went to use it, they told us they had upgraded their computer system and made us fill out a new application. I'm not impressed with their service, nor their selection. Hollywood Video is the same price for all movies, all are 5 day rentals, and the late fees are pretty small. The only down side is they have all candy at the checkout line and getting the kids out of the store is like prying barnacles off a ship, Micheal Moore away from the buffet table.......or Micheal Jackson away from a school bus....

16. Stickseler

Stickseler 3/4 ton status

Our BlockBuster rules. My wife does the 19.95 3movie unlimed rental each month, its great.