Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

BLOOMSBURG JAMBOREE

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by RRUDZI, Jun 9, 2000.

1. RRUDZI

RRUDZI Newbie

I WAS WONDERING IF ANYONE IN THE NORTHEAST (US) IS HEADING TO THE 4WHEEL JAMBOREE NATIONALS IN BLOOMSBURG PA. JULY 7-9.

2. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

I went to the first Bloomsburg Jamboree many years ago. I lived near Boston at the time, so it wasn't too far a trek from home. Lots of very cool rigs, monster truck racing, etc.

The main thing I remember though is that it was hot as hell!!! [​IMG] It was something like 104 degrees both days of the event. Without much shade around, it was quite uncomfortable. Still saw lots of cool stuff though!

Don't think I'll be making the trek there from Colorado though. [​IMG]

They actually had a Jamboree in Pueblo, Colorado a few years ago. They never did one there again as I think the turnout was too light. There are a lot more places here to actually use 4WD's so I think more people were out in the mountains 4-wheeling than at the Jambo. [​IMG]

<font color=black>HarryH3 - '75 K5</font color=black>
    http://ThunderTruck.ColoradoK5.com

3. Chris Demartini

Chris Demartini 1/2 ton status

<font color=blue>Man i wish i was going (i'm in NE NJ so it isn't far), i had no idea how many people were going. last week, i went to look at a dana 60 rear and the guy who has it is a regular of the jambos (check this thing out http://www.geocities.com/four_the_hard_way) and he told me that if i didn't reserve a hotel 5 months ago, i better get me a good tent. I'll try to convince Dad that we need to go.... i might be there. Where are you? there's a cool show an the beach in Wildwood NJ and i go each year and it's a blast</font color=blue>