Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Bloomsburg Nationals, (dial up beware)

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by sled_dog, Jul 11, 2004.

1. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

Well I got back from 3 days and 3 nights at Bloomsburg 4x4 Nationals. Here are some pictures.

[​IMG]
    Stupid Crazy lifted Burb on airbags.
    [​IMG]
    Steering on said stupid burb
    [​IMG]
    Steering arm on said stupid lift burb.

[​IMG]
    Chevy on 46" Claws, 3/4 ton however. I must say I like it despite the non-functionality of a 3/4 ton on 46s.

[​IMG]
    Very clean K30 shortbed on 39.5 claws with a 504 cui blown BBC. Made me think of Mudjunkie's rig big time.

[​IMG]
    Lowered heep on airbags

[​IMG]
    49" IROK equipped, 2.5 ton Rockwell axles under it.

[​IMG]
    Blazer on 2.5 tons. Kind of made me want to build one...

[​IMG]
    Truck we rolled in and out of the fairgrounds in. Just finished the work like the night before we left. 4" suspension, 3" body, 35" SSRs. Hes pretty well talked into 14 bolt in the back, crossover steering, shackle flip out back, maybe some drop front spring hanger setup and bigger tires.

[​IMG]
    Cat Scratch Fever, been in Four Wheeler a couple times I think, I liked it quite a bit.

[​IMG]
    One of the Sibling Rivalry rigs(the big black Chevy). They replaced the front coilovers with leaf springs, why I have no idea.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    That Taco was I must say one of if not my favorite rig in the show. Didn't look over the drivetrain other than the axles but I definetally liked the dents, axles, and tires.

[​IMG]
    Oh and since for a bit we didn't have a grill here is a beer can converted to a handy dandy pan...

2. 85mudblazin

85mudblazin 1/2 ton status

At least that big poser burb had the front driveshaft hooked up but I dont see a exhaust!!!

3. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

yeah it was open header with a small block. Must say even from our campground almost a mile away there was a constant sweet exhaust note in the air /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif. Realize now I really didn't take enough pictures, was constantly on the move. Should have gotten shots of a bunch of more rigs. Took my camera more for the role of taking pictures of scary stuff, believe me there was some SCARY stuff. Also stopped at the Dynatrac tent this morning and checked out the 40 spline 60 shafts. Sick pieces. Dynatrac representative tells me, "you won't break those" I laughed at him, he said "alright but you won't have a truck left".

4. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

some one burn that heep!!!

and thats a great way to get that extra alumanium in your diet!!! /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gifthats nasty /forums/images/graemlins/screwy.gif

5. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

Is this truck a custom engine, or how did he get 504 ci?
    [​IMG]
    Does this guy wheel this truck, or is it just for show? It looks clean and nice /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

6. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

no idea if he really wheels it, would be a shame if he didn;t but how clean it is I'd be a little weary of wheeling it. Its probably a bored out 502 or something.

7. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

ooh ic. neeat. You should have taken more pics! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif
    Thanks for taking some picstures though, it's like I was there /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif

8. jjlaughner

jjlaughner 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    [​IMG]

[/ QUOTE ]

so is this chrome bar functional? This is the basic Idea I'm running with for my front brackets but I wasn't going to cover the bolts, I was going to weld a tube back just above the bolt

9. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    and thats a great way to get that extra alumanium in your diet!!! /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gifthats nasty /forums/images/graemlins/screwy.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

believe me a little aluminum was a lot better than raw meat /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif first night there, everyone at least a little drunk we decided to try and cook burgers on these stoves. Yeah I was sober enough to not touch those things, sick.