Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Bloopers....!!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by diesel4me, Aug 25, 2005.

1. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

I read about a "blooper" that occurred on a detroit news station last winter--the young attractive blonde newswoman anchor turned to the weatherman,who had predicted 8 inches of snow the night before(but it never snowed that night!) and she said--
    "So Bob...What happenned to the 8 inches you promised me last night??"...... :haha: :haha: :rotfl: :rotfl: --

---the entire news staff and about half the camera crew left the studio and didn't return for several minites,and they had tears running down their faces they were still trying to hold back the laughter!..the poor newswoman turned BEET red when she realized what she'd said,and left the room. :doah: :blush: .didnt return until the next day!... :D :D

Another one was a woman cashier at a store at the mall--the credit card machine was "down",and a long line of customers started building up at the register--so the woman opens another register and starts calling out to the customers "I can DO YOU if you have cash!"...after she said it several ties,her manger came over and said "I think you might want to rephrase what your saying--some customers are getting the wrong idea!"... :haha: :haha: :D

2. Desert Rat

Desert Rat Fetch the comfy chair

3. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Well if snopes is calling it an urban legend they got it wrong. I saw the blooper of that newscast a while back. Unless someone went to the trouble of convincingly hoaxing a newscast just for a 12 second blooper spot...which seems very unlikely.

:dunno: :dunno:

Rene

4. nc87k5

nc87k5 3/4 ton status

I agree, seen the blooper myself a few years back.

5. Desert Rat

Snopes didn't call it a hoax, they just commented on it. Go to the link. When they research something and find it false, it says false in red letters, or true in green letters.

6. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

I wasn't sure, I did go read it and came away feeling they had dismissed it as urban legend...

Rene

7. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

True or not--its funny!

I read it on another message board!..whether or not its true,its funny! :haha:

I wonder how "Bob's" wife reacted if she happenned to be watching?? :p:

I saw a "Bloopers" show a few years ago that featured mostly nightly news bloopers..I remember one clip of David Brinkley saying "We now take you live ,
    to the county hoar--ER-!
    COURT house!.. :blush: :doah: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :haha: :haha:

8. Desert Rat

It was kind of an ambigous report. I got the feeling they were saying it might be true, but that there were lots of similar stories too.