Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Blower/AC problem

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Taylor, Jul 3, 2003.

1. Taylor

Taylor 1/2 ton status

I have a 90' K5, when ever I try to turn on the AC/Heat I blow my heater fuse. I have replaced the blower relay, and the blower motor resister and its still doing it. Any ideas on what I could try next?

2. Pookster

Pookster 1/2 ton status

Its probably a short on the blower motor. I don't have my truck handy, so I cant probe it for you and tell you the resistance it has. My guess is that when you do get the resistance reading, its gonna be a full short, or very close to it.

Also, if the blower can no longer spin, (shot bearings, etc) this will also cause a short.

3. cdh

cdh Registered Member

Try the switch on the dash. The blower motor did not work on my 89, and it was the switch on the dash. The switch had burns all over it. The parts guy at the dealership said it was a common problem.

4. Taylor

Taylor 1/2 ton status

I replaced the switch over the weekend, still not working. Guess I'll have to take the blower out and have a look at that.

5. cdh

cdh Registered Member

Was the switch burned? If the switch was burned there is a good change that wires are burned (or the wires are just burned anyway). If the wires are burned you will still have the problem.