Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Blower Blazer ?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Andreas, May 7, 2000.

1. Andreas

Andreas 1/2 ton status

This may sound a bit weird, or just plain ridiculous but I´m thinking of putting a Gmc 4:71 blower on my 406cui. I found one really cheap and thought "what the h*ll". I wont charge it much, just to give a little bit of whine and oomph, and they look so cool [​IMG]. Anybody tried this in a Blazer ? Any overall thoughts concerning blowers? Thankful for any input.

Andreas

406cui of pure sh*t[​IMG]

2. NYC K5

NYC K5 1/2 ton status

if you dont lower the compression you wont get the maximum effect, but Youll still feel a noticible difference, youll probably have to run high octane gas too and that could get expensive with a blazer. youll also need a new cam

3. bablazer73

bablazer73 1/2 ton status

is it a 471 right off a truck? they dont have the correct drive setup for you to use. can get very expensive to convert one to work properly. I am putting a B@M supercharger on my blazer. bought it used from a friend for 600.00. no hassle, just bolt on and go faster.I would look around for other options before atempting this. it could cost alot more when your done. some blower drives won't take power steering and other accessories. lots of time spent to make things fit!! I work on diesels, have tried this game before. alot of headaches.

4. Chris Demartini

Chris Demartini 1/2 ton status

<font color=blue>I was coming home from a truck show down the shore last fall and saw a K5 in the gas station. It looked normal enough, but the guy opened it up and it had a blower. he said he had 6:1 pistons and a special cam. he said it was really fast</font color=blue>

5. Bigd

Bigd 1/2 ton status

If your compression is around 8.0:1 to 8.5:1 you sould be able to run 3-5 pounds of boost safely.Remember that timing sould be retarded.

6. 73/75 k5

73/75 k5 Registered Member

I saw one on a 75 chevy stepside 4x4. It looked cool and you can definitly hear it coming down the road. Single carb setup and it all fit nicely under the hood without a cowl induction hood or scoop. He claimed it ran in the mid 13's and would smoke some of the local 5.0's. Watch out for smog if it's not exempt. I think it was a Weiand setup.
    good luck!