Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

blowin out the k trucks.... momma says

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by camiswelding, Sep 25, 2004.

1. camiswelding

camiswelding 1/2 ton status

Well all... momma has been after me for a year to get off my k collection... stubbornly I have refused but today I finally gave in and decided to sell much of my collection...
    Ill still have my v3500 crew.. for awhile anyway... she said lets save and buy that new dodge cummins crewcab 4 by.... hard to argue with I guess...no more moneypits and spending hours fabbing
    and... at 50 its getting hard to get motivated to be under the trucks anymore...and we're moving and hauling unfinished projects isnt fun
    any of your wives ever bug you to get off the k truck for some econorocket?
    cam

2. Poohbair

Poohbair 1/2 ton status

I am 28 and have owned close to 50 rigs since I was 16, and I have been married since I was 20. Although I have bought, sold, traded, etc... alot of rigs, my wife has never once asked me to sell any of them for any reason.

She knows WAY better than to ask me to sell my wheelin' rig!!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

3. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

[ QUOTE ]
    any of your wives ever bug you to get off the k truck for some econorocket?

[/ QUOTE ]

My wife is really cool with my K5 obsession...but my obsession is limited to one truck. Maybe if I had an extensive, operationally challenged group of 'K' trucks she might not be as cool with it. Good luck!

Rene

4. camiswelding

"operationally challenged".... I love it
    I always give her the new xterra riceburner to drive...
    she tells me the trucks are too tall, too noisy, and make a redneck statement....

5. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

My truck is also pretty uncivilized, but my wife realizes I could spend my extra time doing a lot of other stuff she wouldn't like. I could be at the bar, or chasing skirts...instead I'm building or wheeling my junk.

By comparison it's much better, and it's something I enjoy. Hopefully you can keep at least one truck and you can both be happy. I read your ad in the for sale section, the K5 project sounds like a keeper to me...or a smokin deal for someone. If that had been for sale three years ago I would have snapped it up in record time.

Rene

6. camiswelding

the k5 was snapped up instantly... it was a giveaway...I loved that truck and it was the end of an era for me... I drove one when i was a deputy... but we all get older I guess

momma says I can have the new dodge crewcab cummins... Im not totally unhappy...and I still have the v3500 crew with lo miles to use until we get the cummins...
    if it drips a drop of oil or squeaks I probably dont want it... now that is getting old!!!

7. 1-ton

1-ton 1/2 ton status Premium Member

If I were in the market for another Crew Cab, I would love to buy an extra one for when mine gets smashed into. It may take 2 years or 20, but every vehicle I have ever owned has been smashed into and totaled by some dumb ass, and I am going to need another one to replace it. Those old (generation 2) 1-Ton 4X4 Crew Cabs are getting harder and harder to find.

8. Drey

Drey 3/4 ton status

My mom is always tellin me to sell the rotten thing, my dad knows what ive been through with that truck and thats why i wont sell it. A kid at school offered me 3000 for it, but ill just end up buying another old truck so whats the point /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif