Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Blowing Fuses

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by ijakers, Jun 6, 2003.

1. ijakers

ijakers Registered Member

I keep blowing my power window fuse and was wondering id anyone ever had this problem. It kept blowing today each time i turned the ignition on and i could see a large blue spark when it would blow then after about 5 fuses i put one in and it works. Im sure its a short some where but just thought one of you may have had this happen before.
    Thanks for any help.
    Isaac /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

2. Confedneck

Confedneck 3/4 ton status

does it only happen rolling the window down? need more info...

3. ijakers

ijakers Registered Member

it does it when rolling them up or down and sometimes just when changing the fuse. it'll blow as soon as i turn the key sometimes but not all the time and sometimes it works fine.

4. Confedneck

Confedneck 3/4 ton status

hmm... sounds like you got a pretty decent problem there.. what i would do is check the wires from that fuse.. to the motors... look for chaffing and shorting to ground..or power...

5. zakk

zakk 1/2 ton status

are you blowing them the second you try to run the doors? if so, i'd also say its a short. make sure there is no chaffing and such on the wires....