Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Blowing My Fuse, Request For Help

Discussion in 'Communication (CB | GPS | HAM)' started by Polaris, Jul 25, 2003.

1. Polaris

Polaris 1/2 ton status

Hi guys! I am going wheeling tomorrow and have had a problem with my CB since the 4th. I keep blowing fuses. I replace the fuse and within a minute of being on, it's blown. The CB is not quite 1 year old. It worked fine until someone standing outside of the truck reached the mic. over to him to speak into it. I didn't think anything of it. Here are some pics that may help.

The red wire to the left of the blue one is the CB - I did have it in the IGN spot but tried moving it to see if that would help.
    [​IMG]

Ground, under the pad on the floor:
    [​IMG]

CB Location:
    [​IMG]

I did have to splice in some wire to locate it there, but it all seemed to go just fine. Maybe it pulled apart?? Any advice/suggestions would be appreciated! Thanks!

2. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    It worked fine until someone standing outside of the truck reached the mic. over to him to speak into it.

[/ QUOTE ] Try a different mic on it. Never heard of a bad mic wire cousing the problem you're having, but stranger things have happened. [ QUOTE ]
    The red wire to the left of the blue one is the CB - I did have it in the IGN spot but tried moving it to see if that would help.

[/ QUOTE ] I'd run it off the fuce for the radio. Hope that helps.

3. Polaris

Polaris 1/2 ton status

Update: the mic wasn't the problem. I swiped the CB out of hubby's 1 ton and that one works well. He said something must have gotten messed up inside mine when the guy pulled the mic to speak into it /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif. Anyway, it works now that I have a new one!

4. rebelk5frk

rebelk5frk 1/2 ton status

Well at least you have a working radio at the moment /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

The hubby doesn't need one anyway /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif