Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Blowing up 3 4.56 Dana 60's and 3 14BFF with bombs

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by MTBLAZER89, Aug 29, 2004.

1. MTBLAZER89

MTBLAZER89 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Blowing up 3 4.56 Dana 60\'s and 3 14BFF with bombs

So my buudy works on the base as a govt contractor, and he calls me up yesterday and tells me they are hauling 3 of the green 1 Ton Military P/U's to B17 (boming range) sometime next week to be used as targets. he already looked at the truck and verified that they are 60's. He told me who I need to talk to Monday to find out what I can do. Hopefully they will just happily accept an empty 14B/D44 housing in trade /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

Damn the military is stupid I have a parts truck they can bomb maybe we can work out a trade on another 60/14 set with my parts truck /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/screwy.gif

2. 85mudblazin

85mudblazin 1/2 ton status

Re: Blowing up 3 4.56 Dana 60\'s and 3 14BFF with bombs

Wish I could find a deal like that /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. ugly_blazer

ugly_blazer 1/2 ton status

I enjoy hearing how well my tax dollars are spent... /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

4. MTBLAZER89

[ QUOTE ]
    I enjoy hearing how well my tax dollars are spent... /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

They are already bought and paid for how is this costing you any more money?? We always blow up old stuff /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

Anyway here is what we know about the trucks. Bodies are pretty rough. Utility boxes instead of pickup beds. Don't think any of them run they are all on a flat bed.

Think an axle housing will survive an explosion if it doesn't get hit directly? I figure if nothing else after they blow them up maybe they'll let me have some stuff...detroit shafts gears carriers /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

5. smprider112

smprider112 1/2 ton status

more then likely everything will be trashed!!! I wouldnt doubt if the housing was split into a few pieces and im sure the axles and everything else will either be bent or busted....but hey worth a shot...thats just crap if they wont let u throw you're old axles in it so u can keep the good ones from going to waste!!

6. CyberSniper

CyberSniper 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Sounds like they're M1028s... which mean they have limited-slips in the front as well as the Detroit in the rear... probably has a two speed PTO box as well.

7. TruckNutzDude

TruckNutzDude 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Think an axle housing will survive an explosion if it doesn't get hit directly? I figure if nothing else after they blow them up maybe they'll let me have some stuff...detroit shafts gears carriers

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess we'll finally know if Dana 60's and detroit lockers are "bullet-proof" /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif What a waste... (the governments trash is another man's treasure /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif)

8. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

I agree,what a waste---almost as bad as the scrapyards around here feeding them to the crusher without even trying to sell them--to them its not a dana 60.its 60 bucks a ton.... /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/screwy.gif

9. ugly_blazer

ugly_blazer 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    They are already bought and paid for how is this costing you any more money??

[/ QUOTE ]

It doesn't cost any more money, I just don't like to see waste, especially when the government already steals so much of my money that it makes it impossible for me to afford the parts that they are blowing up.

10. MTBLAZER89

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    They are already bought and paid for how is this costing you any more money??

[/ QUOTE ]

It doesn't cost any more money, I just don't like to see waste, especially when the government already steals so much of my money that it makes it impossible for me to afford the parts that they are blowing up.

[/ QUOTE ]

AGREED sorry maybe I just read it wrong /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif