Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Blown Axle

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by LAXandBLAZERS, Jun 11, 2003.

1. LAXandBLAZERS

LAXandBLAZERS 1/2 ton status

I think I messed up my rear axle the other day. It started making a banging noise on my way to work. I lifted it up and thought maybe just a U-Joint. I grabbed a hold of the driveshaft and it wiggled around the output shaft on the rear-end. I dont know what this is but the boys at work say pinon bearing ????? /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif But I am trying to sell it so I called all the junkyards trying to find an axle and fix it that way. No such luck. No rear 10 bolts and so I have a useless truck. What do yall think this is and how should I go about fixing it? Or should I just try and sell it as is? Please /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif (Sorry about the lenght)
    MIKE

2. MTBLAZER89

MTBLAZER89 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Well if it is your pinion bearing you will be able to move the yoke (where the u-joint attaches). It is a pretty in-depth task to replace. Ask the guys at work if they know how. If it is just a stock 10 bolt some body on here should be able to hook ya up. If you were closer you could have mine.

-brian

3. LAXandBLAZERS

LAXandBLAZERS 1/2 ton status

Yeah nobody at work knows know and the olny shop that will work on it is the dealer. this sucks and Its going to drive me nuts. Thanks for the info. /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

4. MTBLAZER89

MTBLAZER89 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Check out local junk yards or any Members in your area might have one laying around. If you don't want the hassle of replacing the pinion bearing It is pretty easy to swap in a whole new axle browse throughthe for-sale forum for anybody in your area.

-brian

5. SUBFAN

SUBFAN 1/2 ton status

You 'called' the junkyard? ALWAYS just go, it is really hard to believe there are NO 10 bolts in that whole yard....

6. georgiared84

georgiared84 1/2 ton status

4x4k20 has 3.08 10 bolts new for 300 here in Atlanta.