Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

BLOWN CYLINDER WALL

Discussion in '1982-Present GM Diesel' started by rollypoly, Aug 22, 2003.

1. rollypoly

rollypoly Newbie

Have 6.2 diesel, tci 700 tranny( engine's other wise stock). Heard a loud bang one day. Pulled over and saw a crap load of oil oozing outta the rear main seal. Looked like molases. Tore it apart and saw a huge hole in the #5 cylinder wall. Head gasket took a sh!!t and all the anti freeze mixed with the oil. Bought a whole new bottom end. Just wanted 2 post and see if anyone had any 2 cents they wanted 2 throw in. Diesel shop I spoke with said that it (fuel) leaned out and caused the explosion. Having injectors/and pump tested asap. Just wanted 2 hear from some oil burners on this issue is all.

2. Diesel Dan

Diesel Dan 1/2 ton status

If they claimed the lean fuel condition caused it then I wouldn't go back to them! The only thing a diesel controls is the fuel, more fuel more rpm, less fuel-less rpm. Now I would beleive that the head gasket failed and a-freeze went into the cylinder and hydrolocked and blew the wall out.