Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Blown ECM 1 fuse?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by zcarczar, Mar 7, 2004.

1. zcarczar

zcarczar 1/2 ton status

Today I was out playing around in my truck and went to climb a fairly tall ledge, probably about 30" high and hit it a little to hard and blew the ECM 1 fuse, I then put another one in and went to try and cruise up the ledge and blew another fuse. I then put another one back in and backed off the ledge and havent blown a fuse since, but does anybody have a clue why this might be happening and what is all on the ECM 1 fuse circuit? I figure I have a short somewhere, but I need to know where to look first. /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

2. willyswanter

willyswanter 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

ECM-1 should be sending power to the Vehicle Speed Sensor through a Pink/Blk wire and to the A6 terminal on the ECM through another Pink/Blk wire.

My guess would be the VSS wire got pinched on something underneath while you were doing your thang!

3. zcarczar

zcarczar 1/2 ton status

Hmmmm, would that cause the truck to die though? Cause it wouldnt start until I put the new fuse in.

4. willyswanter

willyswanter 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Well with no power to your computer I could see that causing your truck not to start, there not just paper weights you know /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

5. dave_90_blazer

dave_90_blazer 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Hmmmm, would that cause the truck to die though? Cause it wouldnt start until I put the new fuse in.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
    and to the A6 terminal on the ECM through another Pink/Blk wire.

[/ QUOTE ]

once the fuse blows, the ECM has no power

6. zcarczar

zcarczar 1/2 ton status

duh! if I had just read your post a little better I would haven't of had to ask that last question. Ok, that makes sense now, wonder if I just jared the ECM from slamming into the ledge a little too hard with the frame or something. I geuss I will go on a wire hunt tommorrow looking for a short.