Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Blue Thunder Lives!!!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by txbluethunder, May 3, 2002.

1. txbluethunder

txbluethunder 1/2 ton status

Jan 29, 2002
    I finished the swap and new exhaust today and WOW!!!. It sounds absoulutely evil and has al kinds of power. A few things came up I thought I'd run by the group.

1. The engine will not idle with the vacuum advance hooked up. Is this a bad va module on the distributor?

2. Third gear shifts way to early...is this just the tv cable needing adjustment?

3. Its running pretty hot right now. With the 305 it ran about 200. Its cruising around 230 right now. I've got a new water pump, radiator, upper and lower hoses, and thermastat. Is this normal during break-in or should i be worried?

Thanks all for helping to infect me with the K5 bug!!!
  2. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

Jul 20, 2000
    230 degrees is a little too hot for break in you need to keep it cool during break in.
    What is your timing set at? It may be way too far advanced if ur getting hot and it wont idle with the vac adv. connected.

Adjust the TV cable to get your shifts right.