Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

BlueTorch FabWorks diff cover *UPDATE PICTURES*

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by sled_dog, Nov 14, 2003.

1. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

*Update pics* at the bottom.**
    My replacement BTF diff cover for my 14 bolt came in today. Took about a week and a half but man does that service rock. They gave me a free Tshirt with it /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif its an XL(guess they were playing ti safe) and I wear a Large so sadly my dad got a new shirt but hey thats still cool. Have yet to go test the whole fit thing I just got home from work, will update again when I do. *UPDATE AGAIN* I just went out and test fitted the cover, it fits perfectly so I'm happy as can be. In fact I just called them up and thanked them as well as ordered a Cover for my Dana 60. Bulled with the guy about SEMA and all, great bunch of guys.

2. CHEVY 4WD

CHEVY 4WD 1/2 ton status

Re: BlueTorch FabWorks diff cover *UPDATE to my update*

cool deal... make sure to get some pix /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. 88jimmy4x4

88jimmy4x4 1/2 ton status

How about pics and a link /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

4. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

http://www.bluetorchfab.com/diff_covers.htm I will try and get a picture asap, I don't have a digital camera right now but I am going on vacation next week and to the mall today so maybe I will pick one up.

5. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

i just ordered a ff14b cover from a comp called Great Lakes Offroad. They sell on ebay sometimes. $105 shipped to my door. mounting flange is 1/2" thick steel, rest is 1/4", laser cut yada yada. check out the pic...

[​IMG]

naturally, a full review + pics will be posted once I get the thing. Added bonus, the guy answered my email in a matter of hours... not days... hours! woohoo! Anyway, if anyone else is lookin, here is his email addy...

shawn@bralinlaser.com

j

6. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

BlueTorch covers are 3/8 mounting ring, 1/4" cover. I got mine for something like 106 shipped off Ebay with the iron cross(I like it). And they gave me my D60 one for the same price. Normal is like $130 I guess.

7. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    The red one is the old one that rubbed. The other one is unpainted as of yet. You can see how much I removed from the 14 bolt in the other 2.

8. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

Hey sled dawg, do you have measurments of the cover that did not fit? I got mine around the same time and want to put it on, but it's a DD and if it didn't fit, I'd have to put the old cover BACK on, and waste $10 of gear lube. yeah, i'm cheap and lazy. So what's the scoop?

9. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

10. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

well no I don't have the cover anymore. The one that didn't fit I traded to someone on here partly for some gears. I clearanced it with a grinder before I sent it to him. It took VERY little grinding. I wouldn't worry about it if I was you. Just put it on, turn the pinion so the ring gear spins, if it rubs pull it off and clearance the cover. However if it doesn't work out for you, call Dan at Blue Torch tell him you're from Colorado K5, and explain the problem, he will send you replacement gear lube too /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif he offered to for me but I didn't need it. I've dealt with Dan MANY MANY times since this whole thing, hes a great guy and very helpful. He knows me by name now, Hello Bluetorch, hey its alan, oh hey alan hows it going?

11. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

Thanks....I'll see what happens. Probably put it on this weekend.

/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gifBryan