Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Blzr/Jimmy Owner Needed In Indiana or surrounding states!!!

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by GMCPaul, Mar 14, 2003.

1. GMCPaul

GMCPaul Newbie

Well I was told this is the place to find a Blazer or Jimmy owner that could help us. We have our first Blazer door samples set to head our way 3-17-03 by air from the manufacturer to test fit them and I need a Blazer or Jimmy to install them on to check fit so that we can let manufacturer know if they are good to go ahead with the production or not. So if someone here doesn't mind loaning out there Blazer/Jimmy for a day of test fitting let me know!!! Doesn't matter if your doors are currently good or not we just need a vehicle to check these new reproductions fit and your original doors will be re-installed after finished. Once we check fit and as long as its good we can have them in production by April 1 with them available to ship the 1st 150ea to us by late April.
    Heres pics of them
    Drivers
    [​IMG]
    Passengers
    [​IMG]
    THANKS!!!!!!
    GMCPaul

2. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

Paul,

Well I wish I could help you.....but I'll bet someone on here can.

I'm anxious to know more about those doors....how well they fit, how thick is the metal, are they re-inforced in the hinge area like the stock Blazer doors, etc?

....and of course a ballpark guess on price? I've got a driver's door that's not sitting well anymore (pulling apart at the upper hinge) and finding clean doors isn't really that easy (even in California!).

Keep us informed! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. GMCPaul

GMCPaul Newbie

Greg, Thanks for the thought, but the good news is we had someone contact us from Crawfordsville,IN today only about 15-20 miles away that we will be test fitting the doors on next week. The doors are exactly like the originals in every detail from metal thickness to design and bracing. They were made from tooling devolped using the lost foam method to acquire shape and all assembly is done on fixture jigs to ensure the tolerance's are exactly like original when they are assembled. The test will be in the coming week when we check the fit of them on the first ones done. Since all jigs and tooling were made from original GM doors these should be on the money, but the test fit will tell the tale if they are ready for full scale production run or if something isn't quite right. We'll let you know!!! Thanks for any and all help that came from posting here I appreciate it as I don't happen to own a Blazer or Jimmy YET, the Suburban / Panel doors were having done I have pleny of test vehicles for though /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif.
    GMCPaul
    ooops sorry forgot the price ??? We will not know our total actual cost until the beginning of next month then we have to factor in 15% to get them shipped here and through customs. We are hoping to be able to get them at or near what we pay for current pickup doors from them.

4. 72Blazerod

72Blazerod 1/2 ton status

Oh Man Paul I would help you in a minute, but I live in Canada. I have a total of 6 doors just hoping to get one good set out of them. And I still have to cut the frames! If you had these a year and I half ago, I would have bought them in a second! Best of luck and I hope they fit perfect first time!!!! Take it easy! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Rod /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

5. arq

arq 1/2 ton status

are these bare metal doors?? any chance on including the little caps that sit way onn top of the vent window post??

ARQ.

6. GRINCH

GRINCH 1/2 ton status

Sent you a PM

7. JohnSPledg

JohnSPledg 1/2 ton status

Paul, when test fitting the doords, be sure to take a look under the test truck to see if there is any rocker box damage. If they are rusted, it may throw the doorjamb out of shape.