Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Blzr WITHOUT removable hardtop

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 87Blzr, Jun 21, 2000.

1. 87Blzr

87Blzr 1/2 ton status

I noticed in the LMC Blazer cataolg they show tailgate componets for Blazers and Jimmy's from 73-81 without removable hardtops. The tailgates were different for those. I have never seen or heard of a fullsize Blazer or Jimmy in that year range that didn't have a removable top. Anyone ever heard or seen or even have one? Better yet does anyone have any pictures of one. They have to be very rare.

87 K5 Siverado, 68 SS 396 Camaro

2. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

Nope never heard of such a creature!!
    I don't belive they ever had a none removable top until early 90s. Mabie it was refering to the little wimpy S10blazer????????????

Rock ON![​IMG] 72 K5 [​IMG] Led Zeppelin
    http://burt4x4.coloradok5.com

3. THEY SOLD BLAZERS WITH A SOFT-TOP AS AN OPTION IN THOSE YEARS FROM THE FACTORY AND THE TAILGATE DIDN'T HAVE THE WINDOW IN IT !!

[​IMG]<font color=red>BigBurb[​IMG]
    <font color=purple>IF YOU'RE SCARED, SAY YOU'RE SCARED !!

4. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

hmmm, well there ya go guys a way to swap out that heavy tailgate to a lighter "truck" style gate when you are runnin with the top off. And less chance of breaking your rear gate/window during the summer, I know my buddie with a 74 will be glad to hear it.
    Hey will a gate from a pickUp fit 73 and up K5?????????????

Rock ON![​IMG] 72 K5 [​IMG] Led Zeppelin
    http://burt4x4.coloradok5.com

5. 6.2Blazer

6.2Blazer 1/2 ton status

BigBurb is right, they are referring to Blazers that came from the factory with a softtop. If you look at the picture closely in the LMC catalog, it shows a soft top that with snaps that attach to the tailgate.

6. 87Blzr

87Blzr 1/2 ton status

Wow, that must be one rare Blazer. A actual GM soft top must be pretty rare also. I would bet that it wouldn't be that hard to put a pickup truck tailgate on a Blazer providing you use the hardware thats on the pickup trucks rear quarters where the tailgate shuts to. I guess unless you checked out the tailgate area you would never know if the Blazer you were looking at was one of these rare ones that came without the hardtop. I take it none of you guys has one of these or pictures. Anyone ever see or use the GM soft top. I assume they must have been discontinued some time ago with few made to begin with

87 K5 Siverado, 68 SS 396 Camaro

7. blazer72

blazer72 1/2 ton status

GM soft tops were made by Kline.

8. Brady

Brady 1/2 ton status

Hey Burt I have a '73 blazer and run a truck gate from an "84.Gives you about 3"s more room in the back and no glass to break and is lighter also.Just get all of the mounting brackets off of the truck.Everything is bolt on and the holes are all there on the blazer.I modified the truck gate with sheet metal and put taillights in it.Then covered over the stock taillight holes with sheetmetal also.Works great and no lights to bang up on the corners anymore.Brady