Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Bmx?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by k5 krawler 50, Jan 17, 2005.

1. k5 krawler 50

k5 krawler 50 1/2 ton status

Just wondering, how many members are into bmx racing or bmx freestyle, or both? Its always been something I love to do, and i built my own bike from scratch, and got use to using tools, which i guess would be the reason for building my own motor and stuff for my blazer.

2. 85mudblazin

85mudblazin 1/2 ton status

I raced BMX for about 3 yrs until I turned 16 and started driving. :)

3. big_truxx

big_truxx 1/2 ton status

I used to freestyle somewhat in the driveway when I was 14. I always toyed with the idea of getting another bike in the back of my head... :thinking: maybe someday after I get the house and garage built.. and another couple crew cabs... don't ask I've gone loopy I swear ;)

4. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

How old are you ? I have noticed in the stores like Wal Mart etc , those cheapo bikes are kinda like what the good bikes had back in the day , rotors , pegs , frewheeling alloys ( I have seen 48 spokes on under 200 dollars bikes now ) . The frames are cheaper , but they are actually nice for the price .

What I want is an old Haro master or Gt Pro Performer frame , some 48 spoke Peregrine rims OR Skyways ( I loved those ) , an Odysey 6 bolt neck with potts mod , an Odysey Gyro , Redline Flite cranks and some nice Bars . Then I would weld on the tabs for todays brakes since they stop so much nicer , and use teh current style pegs . Kinda like restoring an old car with todays stuff mixed in :D

5. big_truxx

big_truxx 1/2 ton status

Dood! Gt is my fav bike!! :waytogo:

6. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

I was interested in it since I was 10... i found some books in the school library made in the 80's... so I saw all the "old school" riding, then a few years later I picked up a magazine, and after that I got a old racing bike for 50 bucks at a consignment store... then I got a magazine every month and learned more. Eventually I bought a specialized bike...which I still have. I haven't rode it for a year or so now... it cost a lot of money... but then again, trucks cost a lot more. But I am more interested in 4x4's and whatnot alot more.
    yeaaah... my life story:confused:

7. k5 krawler 50

I am 17, I've got a F.B.M.( its a rider owned company) it was pretty expensive frame, my hole set is pretty sweet, spent lots of money on my bike, heres a list of stuff on my bike before i started the blazer,

F.B.M. Angel Of Death Frame 4130 chromoly, made in U.S.A.

S&M PitchFork

Terrible One Handle Bars

S&M Redneck LT Stem

Rear Profile S.S. Cassette Hub w/ 13T Cog
    Front Demolition Hub
    Rear Primo Hula Hoop Chrome Rim 48H

Front Demolition Chrome Rim 48H

Stainless steal spokes 2 sets of 50

Dia Tech Dirty Harry Brake Lever

Dia Tech Hombre Fiesta Brakes
    Dragon Fly Top Double Cable
    Odyssey London Brake Mod

SST Oryg Gyro Set up

Kink Regular pegs
    Macniel Sprocket/Guard Combo
    KMC 1/8 chain

Primo Pentagon Seat

Primo Rod Seat Post

Primo Powerbite 3 piece Crank

DK Iron Cross Pedals

SNAFU Rim Job Front Tire

Primo The Wall Tire Rear Tire

Primo Naked Lady Grips

FSA Sealed PIG Headset
    The total of the parts is about 5 bux short of 1400 dollars, and thats me putting it all together.. damn, to bad i dont have that money today, i could get a dana 60 front.. haha

8. k5 krawler 50

i use to have a blue gt fueler, which i also built

I still love to ride, i usually ride the local skate park, i am not no pro, but i love to get really high, and throw some sweet 360 variation tricks.. its a hole lotta fun..

9. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

for x-mas one year my dad built me a cobbled together BMX bike, and he put "GT" grips on it, i though i was the sh*t but i could really do anything other than ride off of plywood jumps:D

10. SkulzNBonz

SkulzNBonz 1/2 ton status

Used to be. I still have my SE Racing "PK Ripper" that I bought when I was 14. Has "Z" rims (made from kevlar-spoked, not the mag type), Tioga task force cranks, CW Handle bars. Cutting edge back in the day.

John

11. BamBamblazer

BamBamblazer 1/2 ton status

PK Ripper, WOW does that bring back memories. Lets see who has been around long enought for these????
    MCS Spyder
    MCS magnum

I raced bmx from age 10 till i was 14. Always raced MCS bikes. At age 12 i was ranked #10 in the nation and #4 in Indiana. My dad still has about 15 boxes full of trophy's in his garage from me racing. Boy was that a long time ago!!!

12. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

I used to have a Huffy with a banana seat and sissy bar...Yeah I had mean skills and could catch wicked air, I remember it like it was yesterday even though it was last Thursday...:p:

13. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

haha huffy's were awsome, if you got lucky you got one that held together for more than 6 months:rotfl: :haha:

14. ryoken

ryoken Puppy Fabricator Premium Member GMOTM Winner

i used to toy around with my Redline in the pools back in the late 70's at the skateparks. the beginning years.. Bob Haro, etc.... bunnyhopping garbage cans, etc...

it was relatively easy compared to skating, but more deadly for sure.:eek1:

15. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

redline and mongoose, i had a mongoose with "tough wheels" LOL we were little bastards and took out the rear axle and got some threaded dowl 6 inches wider filled it to a point and tried to stab car tires as we rode by. the ramps were the most fun evil kinevel, was our hero. we used to stack 3 shopping carts and use a house door. on the side walk so we had alot of busted frames and bones. i still love jumping anything.:D

16. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

i never raced but i was into dirt jumping for a loong time. i had a 2 GTs and a Robinson. i had jumps in my backyard and i rode at TJ Lavin's house here in vegas a few times. then i ran over the jumps with my suburban and got into 4x4s and sold the bikes. sometimes i wish i had a bike still but it'd just suck more money out of me....

17. ryoken

ryoken Puppy Fabricator Premium Member GMOTM Winner

hehe, the 5 spokish composite rim things? i remember those... my buddy had a badass Torker in those days.. i was way more into jumps, tricks and rampriding than racing..

yeah, i need to get tearing around on the mt bike (POS tho) when it warms up.. waaaay outta shape right now... need to drop about 20 lbs before summer pool skating... after 6 knee surgeries i can't be carrying around that extra weight, beats up the knees.. :frown1:

[​IMG]

18. k5 krawler 50

A friend of mine, rides with me all the time, and the guy i swear is like a natural, he can do all those crazy ass back flips variasions, and he has been down to T.J. Lavins house too, he is pretty good friends with him. But this guy is sponsored by untopia eye wear, and vans, and was sponsored by staats racings, when he was a racer.

19. ntsqd

ntsqd 1/2 ton status

Still have my last BMX bike. Built it when I was 19. Schwinn Scrambler frame, Ashtabula forks w/ aluminum fender & mudflap, ACS Z rimmed wheel set w/ wired crosses, 'rat-traps' with brazed joints, 36-15 (steep hills around here), and about as much brakes as a jackrabbit.

I remember my envy when my friend bought a brand new Redline, in 1978. That thing was way cool! He still has it and it's still pretty new looking.

20. boz42

boz42 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

we use to ride all the time, then i turned 16 & let it go, i had a haro sport & a gt mach one. my brother had a gt pro performer & a robinson race bike & my best friend had a gt vertigo. i miss riding them.