Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

boards with nails

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by ronnny, Jun 11, 2005.

1. ronnny

ronnny 1/2 ton status

coming home from a company picnic at work my son asked to ride down the power lines. It was a little wet out but not bad. So when off the road i put it in low and 4wd. Thought go along nice and easy since it is the power line. You don't want to tear it up where they cannot drive or cut the grass on it easy. I know alot of days i see kids on atvs riding there and the trail goes from one end to anther. So we take the little ridedown the power lines and turn around to come back. about a third the way up I see a board part way on the trail. My son gets out and of coarse full of nails. I did not get out but told him to throw it in the back. Ishould of looked to see if my tracks ran over it when i went the other way but did not think too. since i found the board i done a few dough nuts there to tear up the grass some then eased on down the power line and home. I did not see/feel no leak on my tires and am glad i saw the board. I can put plugs in my tires even though i really hope i didnot run over the board (will check better later). But what really concerns me is if the kids on atvs feel off right here cause it looked near a good jump spot for them. Could not tell whos house around might of put it there or would go knock on there door to let them know what i think and see if they have kids that could get hurt on something like this and enlighten them. Kindly not argueing. You don't seem to think about kid safety and such till you have some of your own. I know kids do things they are not supose to but some people do not need to do things that can hurt them. This is just a little rant. Thanks for listening.

2. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

I think I understood....

I would have picked up the board too. Thats a pretty dangerous way of getting people off of a trail. A fence and calling the police are a lot safer and nicer I'd say.

3. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

Cranky brooding alive kids are better than dead rotting kids

4. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

sounds familiar..

We had a few incidents in my area with people who were fed up with kids on ATV's riding on others property without permission--or simply tresspassing and tearing up the place...they put several boxes of carpet tacks and roofing nails all over the trail they made...many kids got flat tires,and since most of them dont know how to fix one themselves,and mommy and daddy cant afford new ones every day,it did put a dent in the ATV problem for at least a little while..(many of the kids are only 10 or 12 years old!)..

The biggest problem is the parents--they buy theese ATV's to use as a babysitter,and let them ride them wherever they please....of course,kids will be kids,and tresspass anyway,no matter what the parents say...several other people walking their dogs on the same trail got nails in their shoes,and one dog had some tacks get stuck in its foot....
    ...not quite as horrible as the kid I knew who got decapitated by barbed wire someone strung across an opening to a farm feild while riding his snowmobile...they never did arrest the guy suspected of doing it (he had complained many times to the cops about the noise from the snowmobiles--it was not his property!)...people can be vicious sometimes when they get aggravated enough... :frown1:

5. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

i had a vary bad ride one time. almost killed me. i was at local play area that has been there for years. riding along like any other day. then whent up 1 trail vary steep and need speed to help clear the top and go over to drop off the other side. well all of this section is woods. so at the top are trees and grass and stuff. got 95% to top and at the last second i saw a rope across the two trees. this was at chest handelbar level. so i ducked to below bars best i could. it grabed the bike and stalled it out and spun it about 3/4 complet turn. so i got it unwound from the rope. whent back to the truck and got nife and cut the rope down. threw it in the tool box of bike and loaded up and left. i didnt go back for a bout 4-5 years. and when i did it was a mostly dirt bike trails now. no fun for my wide raceing 4 wheeler. so yes even the socaled safe regular areas are never safe .:crazy: