Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Boat manifolds

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Ruthven13, Jul 22, 2005.

1. Ruthven13

Ruthven13 1/2 ton status

I am in dire need of a set of center riser manifolds for a 460 BBF. Does anybody know of a good source for used ones? New is out of the question right now. I have tried ebay and the like with no luck. Trying to get this jetboat on the water this summer and that is the only thing holding us up! Thanks guys! :laugh:

2. MarcS

MarcS 1/2 ton status

Well I'm not sure where your from. If it's NJ, try Monmouth Marine in Brielle.
    Otherwise West Marine maybe.

3. ryoken

ryoken Puppy Fabricator Premium Member GMOTM Winner

hehe, monmouth... been dealing with them guys for years... they do my trannies... :D what a hole in the wall that place is... ;) they may very well have a pair sitting on a shelf somewhere...

anyway, Jeff, sorry no help on my end... the used manifold market is pretty small considering most stuff in this area is salt... and throw Ford into the mix makes it even rarer...

i've got a 351 in the shop right now for a rotted out pan, but its the first Furd i've worked on in a few years... heck, i see way more 318's than furds.. usually i see the furds in ski boats or older stuff...

i'll ask a couple guys i know.... maybe try aftermarket like Osco, etc?

4. Ruthven13

Ruthven13 1/2 ton status

Yeah, I have seen these are hard to come by. Thank you for looking. We just found a pair of over transom headers on ebay, so will have to see what the bidding gets up to. Still, if y'all see anything, lemme know! :D I appreciate the help......

5. Ruthven13

Ruthven13 1/2 ton status

It looks like we could just get the BBF to BBC header adapeters for the motor, so anything for a BBC should work too, if the price is right... Just thought I would throw that out there too. Thanks again.... And yes, I am in NJ.....

6. ryoken

ryoken Puppy Fabricator Premium Member GMOTM Winner

hmmm, that makes a dif... never seen an adapter like that...

in that case, i'll check with Kurt from Kurts Marine and Johnny, the local marine welder who does all the custom header work and see what they have around...

if it was BB center rise manifolds i could prolly dig ya up a usable set...

7. Ruthven13

Ruthven13 1/2 ton status

Well, never mind about the BBC parts. We thought the adapters were a little less expensive. Just found out that they are about $400 from CP Performance. Might as well spend a little more and get the right parts! Thanks anyway!

8. MarcS

MarcS 1/2 ton status

Yeah, I haven't been there in a long time. They did me good, got a good deal on Oscos, risers and manifolds, from them. But they were for a Mercruiser not Ford.

9. Rob 85K5

Rob 85K5 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Try George Van Parys at Boat Fix, they are somewhere in Jersey.