Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

boat problems - won't start

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 90K5, Jun 10, 2002.

1. 90K5

90K5 1/2 ton status

boat problems - won\'t start

My friend and I have been tryign to get his boat to start, and it won't, but there doesn't seem to be any reason it isn't...its got I think a Ford 2.3L in it, with a GM 2 jet carb. Its getting gas, and all the cylinders are firing. The timing is set and it just doesn't want to start. It turns over fine, but won't start. When it died, it sounded like it was running out of gas, but its fiull and the pumpo works. Any ideas.?

2. WakeBoard&4X4er

WakeBoard&4X4er 1/2 ton status

Re: boat problems - won\'t start

is it going to much gas? what about air? is there a Safety shut off for starting on gear that has goin bad? is there a Safety shut off for no water flow from the outdrive?

in one of our boats we had a safety shut off that when bad. everytime you would try give the boat gas it would die. it would cut the spark because it was thinking that we where tring to START it. you also might have to change the Water Fuel Separator, the fuel filter, but it looks like a Oil filter.

just some ideas.

brett

3. bklynlifted

bklynlifted 1/2 ton status

check the interupter switch?? if its bad you wont start? also check any fuses at the engine? check your harness at the controls?? laynard switch if you have one?? good luck /forums/images/icons/confused.gif

4. gpd4

gpd4 Registered Member

Definately replace the water seperater filter. I get a new one every year whether I need it or not. No fun being stranded. Same deal like an oil filter - a little oil on the O-ring, but fill it with gas before you put it back on. That usually works for my boats...