Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Bobbed guys... luggage space question

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Thumper, Jul 6, 2002.

1. Thumper

Thumper 1/2 ton status

So, Ive almost committed myself (short of the first cut) to bobbing my rig. I want the tire in the bed prerunner UAV style. Question for the guys who are bobbed already, what kind of supply/ tools/ parts do you bring along? By looking at things, there wont be much room for anything with the spare back there, let alone 12" off the bed. Do you haul a supply utility trailer along? Or do most of you trailer your K5s around with a supply vehicle?

Just trying to consider all my problems beforehand... /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

Laters
    Mike

2. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

MT pockets did a pretty good job consolidating all his crap. I decided to keep my back seat and you can see what I've done on my webshots. But recently, i've been kicking around the idea of tossing the backseat and redoing the rearend. Maybe a flatbed like Dblazer...definately will be mounting my new fullsize spare prerunner style slightly past the rear of the bed. And toolboxes in front of it. I'm hoping to mount the fuel cell under the flatbed somehow. Just kicking around ideas myself. Everything was fine till I decided to mount my spare inside. Now I've got a new can of worms. Damn. /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

3. DBLAZER

DBLAZER 1/2 ton status

My whole set up was designed around storage, it is hard to tell but my whole back end is storage. (wow that sounds funny)

4. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

hey nash, any way you can open up all the doors that can be opened and show the storage spaces?

What do you figure you added in weight? And what gauge metal did you use?

5. MTPockets

MTPockets 1/2 ton status

truck box and gas tank in place of the back seat is one solution.... there is still so much room to be utilized...just because we have the full size width! storage like D has over the wheel wells is a great idea. with a little imagination i may even replace the truck box i have with a fold and tumble rear seat and build a rack over the tank like laketex has...anything is possible. /forums/images/icons/cool.gif

6. Thumper

Thumper 1/2 ton status

I still have to utilize my back seat. The kids like wheeling too much and are too young for thier own trucks. /forums/images/icons/frown.gif My worry is that I carry so dang much crap that I will have to cut it down big time. My plan for the tank is (so far) to move the stock one as far forward as i can and raise it up to close to the floor. I have a 3" body lift, so should be able to tuck it up fairly high. The frame really curves upwards under the rear seat. What I may need from someone is a measurement at full compression between the rear axle and the floor directly above the axle. I am running the RS5012s in the stock mounts. Hopefully there is enough room to clear the tank. What do you guys think?

Mike