Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

body armor?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by jekbrown, Jan 27, 2004.

1. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

as some of you know from my other thread, I have an interview for an armored car guard job on wednesday. If I get it, and the company allows me to use my own personal body armor, I'd like to get a good vest for that use. I've done some www searches and there seems to be some shady vest manufacturers out there, and some vests that don't work for crap. Does anyone have any published info on which vests are best? anything on the www? experience with different vests? Any info would be appreciated, if I have to take a 9mm or .45 to the chest, it'd be nice to know that the vest I'm wearing isn't a piece of crap... /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

j

2. 73K5Kid

73K5Kid 1/2 ton status

3. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Call up Galls, or go to Galls. They have some good choices, and of course the more money you spend, the better product you will get. Just stay away from the zylon vests.

4. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

thanks for the info guys, I signed up at glocktalk... there was some good info in the threads you posted. I haven't looked at body armor for a long time, I remember back in the early 90s, they were much more $pendy and offered much less protection. Good to know that things have got better. As soon as I find out what the deal is with my local loomis (assuming I get the job!) then I'll be ready to move forward. I have no probs investing some $ in a vest... be kinda cool to have one even if I only worked the armored car job for a few years. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

j

5. stu454

stu454 1/2 ton status

Second Chance is supposed to be good. The owner shoots himself in the chest while wearing a vest to demonstrate the product. Nutty, but effective.

I saw pics of him firing a .44 Mag with 210 gr. Winchester Silvertips into the vest. Must've been very exciting /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

6. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

When I saw the title I was thinking.... He either got the job or is getting desperate and gonna rob a bank /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif