Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

body bushings questions

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by rrent, Mar 19, 2003.

1. rrent

rrent 1/2 ton status

Greetings all, I'm going to put a new set of body bushing on before I pull off the hard top. Does anyone know the lengths of the bolts I'll need and/or a web site describing the procedure.

Or if you've done it --- any tips?

thanks in advance
    Ronnie

2. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

torch em off and use tape measure to get length you need, you can get different lengths at NAPA, etc.
    easy

3. Roostr84

Roostr84 1/2 ton status

4. rrent

rrent 1/2 ton status

Roostr84 - thanks /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif, that is just what I was looking for

5. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

Ronnie,

Congrats on doing the body mounts BEFORE you pull the top. That should help hold things together MUCH better for you, and increase your chances that everything will still be sqaure and true when you're done.

Roostr,

Thanks for posting "the link"....I think I've personally pasted that same one as an answer on this site at least twice myself!!!! Steve Chin is THE MAN!

/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

6. rrent

rrent 1/2 ton status

Greg72 - I think I read somewhere (maybe here) that its best to do the bushings with the top on. After the bushings I'm going to spray a quick coat of paint -- thinking about white --- and then strap on a new Bestop --- and then sit back and wait for tanning-while-I-drive weather..... /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

7. TONYP

TONYP 1/2 ton status

i just replaced mine and have to go back and add shims to the 2 center one as the truck sags in the center and my doors are really close to the body near the top...I did mine with the top off and had no problems...was so lite in the rear it lifted it self up so I just slid the old bushing out and slid the new one in...
    Good luck... /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

8. Roostr84

Roostr84 1/2 ton status

Yeah I hear ya Greg..maybe we should make that info sticky too.