Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Body Bushings ??

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by JeffDJimmy, Jul 29, 2001.

1. JeffDJimmy

JeffDJimmy Newbie

Just installed the LMC body bushing kit. In all my manuals I cannot find any torque specs or tightening procedure. How do you tighten the body bushings?
    After the body bushings installed, the right hand door does not align correctly. I put the same spacers as the old bushings but the door is tighter at the bottom and open at the top on the rear edge. Any ideas?

Any comments much appreciated!

2. SilverJim

SilverJim 1/2 ton status

Try putting more spacers on the mount closest to the rear of the door on that side. When I put the 3" body lift and new bushings (from LMC) under my truck, I had to use quite a few spacers to get the doors to line up properly. And I don't believe there were any spacers on the truck when I removed the body from the frame.

I just torqued the nuts until they were pretty tight. The spacers in between the bushings seem to serve as a gauge for how tight you should make them (when you hit the spacer, you can't really tighten them anymore).

1970 GMC Jimmy 502HO/SM465/NP205 doesn't run just yet!

3. Steve_Chin

Steve_Chin 1/2 ton status

From the FSM: Body mounts (all except for the ones in the driver's compartment floorboard) 20 lbs.*ft. The big ones at the driver's compartment floorboard should be at 50 lbs.*ft.

4. blazin72

blazin72 1/2 ton status

Did you buy the poly bushing or the rubber ones.
    How long did it take to get them. I am in need of some.
    How much of a pain was it to replace them.
    Thanks
    Blazin72

Blazin 72

5. JeffDJimmy

JeffDJimmy Newbie

I bought the complete kit from LMC, standard rubber.
    It took me about 10 hours after I got the rear bumper off. Three hours were spent on one rusted bolt on the passenger's floorboard. A cut off wheel and high speed die grinder saved the day. It went better than I had expected.