Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Body/cab mount bushings

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by rocko, Jul 14, 2000.

1. rocko

rocko 1/2 ton status

I'm replacing the tub of my Blazer.. I need a Body mount set.. Does anyone know which company/part number I should order? I'm looking on Wrenchead.com and they list only for K 1500 series from 1988 to 1998 Full size.
    Any help is greatly appreciated.

It's better to Have IT than to not need it, Than to Need it and NOT HAVE IT !!!!

2. Boss

Boss 1/2 ton status Author

Do you want to get the original rubber, or polyurethane?? If you go poly, there are a couple companies out there. I just got my new poly body mounts in from Engergy Suspension. It looks good, I can't wait to put it on next week. If you go rubber, I think LMC sells them and the dealer. But most other companies sell the poly, you can find it in Summit, JCW, 4wheelParts, etc. I got mine for $100 +shipping.
    Boss

3. 1TUFF89

1TUFF89 1/2 ton status

Hey, Boss. A few days ago you mentioned maybe taking your body lift off. Are you going to get rid of the body lift when you replace your mounts? Why? Were you not happy with the body lift. I'm considering whether I should install a 6" susp. lift or a 4" lift with a 2" body lift? Any pros and cons or suggestions??

CHEVY - "THE HEARTBEAT IS GETTING LOUDER"

4. BlazerBoy

BlazerBoy 1/2 ton status

I have a 4" susp. and a 3" body lift on mine. The only complaint I have with it, is that if you want it too look good there is alot of work to do. I mean the bumpers have to be raised, that usually causes an unsighly gap somewhere else. The main thing I dont like about it is the gap you see between the frame rail and the underside of the body. hope this helps.

BlazerBoy
    http://generalblueballs.coloradok5.com

5. rocko

rocko 1/2 ton status

I just ordered them throught www.wrenchead.com
    Part #3-4118 and it's from Energy Suspension.
    Total came out to 94.00 w/ shipping. Not too bad..
    Gotta love Wrenchead.com !!!

It's better to Have IT than to not need it, Than to Need it and NOT HAVE IT !!!!

6. Boss

1Tuff89,
    yeah, for me, personally I didn't like my 4" susp with 3"body to much. you're right, when I replace my body mounts, I'm going to remove the 3" body and replace it with a 1" body lift from ORD. so I'll have a 4" susp and a 1" body.
    What I didn't like about the 3" body, is when I hit the trails and I go over some rocks or lumps, I feel like I'm going to roll. Also, I keep fearing that my body will rip off. Someone mentioned that for blazers 73-75, you shouldn't put a body lift, (especially 3") b/c you can do a lot of damage or something. I think your 89 would be better though.(I just have to remember who said that, it was on this forum, for some reason I think it was GoldRush, I'll do a search) Anyways I would suggest a 4" susp and 2" body. I hope this answer your q's.
    Boss
    oh, I didn't mind the way it looked though. That didn't bother me at all. As a matter of fact, I liked the way it looked.

7. Waxer

Waxer 1/2 ton status Author

yah, on my 74 I bought it with 4" susp, 3+" body. I say 3+ cause they had additional rubber in the rear to compensate for the sacking springs. Cheesy I know. I too didnt like how it felt real loose on the trail, real unstable. I have since removed the body lift in favor of a new 2" lift kit, and poly body mounts. Now everything feels solid and secure. I feel a little more of the road, but since its a trail rig only, I dont drive it all the time. I am happy with the 2" and body bushings. and damn, did that 1+" body drop make a huge difference. I'll prolly have trouble changing my plugs from the wheel wells now. Oh well.....

8. Boss

Yeah, I forgot to mention, the one good thing about a 3" body lift, it is so much easier to work your truck. plugs are easier, rear shocks were tons easier to remove those stubborn rusted bolts, easier to climb under, etc. I'll miss that, but oh well.
    Boss

9. BlazerBoy

BlazerBoy 1/2 ton status

10. '73 K5

'73 K5 1/2 ton status

The poly bushings may sqeak a little bit after you install them. That kind of thing drives me crazy and I drive my Blazer alot on the street too, so I think I may go with rubber bushings when I replace mine. BUT I have heard of people that use poly with no squeaks...its just kind of a luck thing I guess.

'73 K5
    Chevy good...Ford bad

11. rocko

rocko 1/2 ton status

Blazer Boy.. I had to call their Parts desk..
    Here it is.. : 1-877-973-6241
    Part # is 3-4118

12. Adrock

Adrock 1/2 ton status

73K5,

you can buy poly mounts from energy suspension that are impregnated with graphite or something so it eliminates the squeeks. I just bought a set off someone from this forum. they kit ussually goes for about 110 dollars, but i have heard that it is worth it if that poly squeek really annoys you.

Adam
    a.k.a. Adrock
    88 Chevy Blazer FI 383
    Aint nothin' like the sound of Chevy Thunder

13. 89K5

89K5 1/2 ton status

I have a friend you had a truck with rubber and a blazer with poly. He preferred the rubber, no sqeaks and the ride wasn't as harsh.

Can you use a floor jack to replace the body mounts. I've lost the two in front and one under the passenger side door.