Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Body Damage...Salvage Yard??

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by **DONOTDELETE**, Feb 12, 2001.

Hello all, I messed up the passengers side front quarter panel in a very dumb and avoidable collision with a non-moving loading dock post. I also bent the Radiator Support, so the right headlights are pointing towards the ground, should I just go to a junk yard to get this support piece and fender or order them from LMC? I was thinking that the Radiator support could be taken off any early 1980ish truck or blazer right? Or are they specific to Blazers? Fenders...same question.

I have a 1984 K5

'84 K5

Chevy in my blood.

1. Pugsley

Pugsley 1/2 ton status

My radiator support came off of a 84 K30, and went in with no problem. I picked it up at the boneyard for 20 bucks.

2. Wow, that's a lot better than the $129 that LMC wants...What is the K30?

'84 K5

Chevy in my blood.

3. BLZN4FN

BLZN4FN 1/2 ton status

Just go to the bone yard and get the parts they will be cheap
    plus they are factory parts not the aftermarket B.S.Plus original parts will fit like a glove.

Bo

4. Pugsley

Pugsley 1/2 ton status

K30 is a One Ton GM 4WD.

5. BigTex

BigTex 1/2 ton status

I would definitely go w/a junkyard. As long as the parts have no rust, you can always give them the infamous "spray-can rebuild". Once you paint those radiator supports, they look brand new.