Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Body damge, door will not open and possible buyer comming tomorrow Help ASAP

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by jekquistk5, Oct 20, 2006.

1. jekquistk5

jekquistk5 Weld nekid Premium Member GMOTM Winner

HELP...

I just drove the truck today to make sure everything was Aok for the gentlemen that will be comming to take a look at it tomorrow. Everything is fine driveline wise, but I went to get out of the truck and the door seem to stick a little more then useual. So I give it a shove and this is what happened. Anyone have any Ideas??? It looks like the fender slid backwards. I tried pounding it back towards the front but it doesn't seem to budge. Its weird b/c the door opened fine, and shut fine. I went to the gas station filled up came back home down a dirt road, that was in decent shape.

bodydamage1.jpg

bodydamage.jpg

bodydamage2.jpg

2. big83chevy4x4

big83chevy4x4 3/4 ton status

are the body mounts good, mainly the driver front cab mount? could have dropped the body a little on the dirt road causeing the fender to that.

3. gmc4cw

gmc4cw 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

the picture of the hood makes it look like you lost some of the bolts in the fender where it bolts to the cab. Not a whole lot you can do about the dents, but I would start checking all the mounting spots on the fender.

4. jekquistk5

jekquistk5 Weld nekid Premium Member GMOTM Winner

The body mounts on the opposite side are cracked but still mostly intact, the ones on that side seem fine. I think the fender just slid back b/ the other door is perfect, so are the seams on the other side. I know I can't do anythign about the dents but I just want the damn door to open

5. Metrodps

Metrodps Strange but nice guy Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

Can you get the hood open? If so might try to loosen all inner wheel well bolts and the bottom one then try to pull the core support forward... :crazy:

Reminds me of when I bought a truck on eBay in Chicago, IL and went to pick it up four days later. The guy was driving it around when I had paid for it. I was like WTF... :doah:

6. muddermilitia

muddermilitia ThatTrazerGuy GMOTM Winner

Those damn Illinois A$$holes

7. zeroz400

zeroz400 1/2 ton status

Yeah, i hate those guys! :haha: