Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Body flex

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by FRIZZLEFRY, May 23, 2001.

1. FRIZZLEFRY

FRIZZLEFRY 1/2 ton status

I was just wondering if any one elses truck does this when you go wheelin.When go play on the rocks and get opposit corners at full droop ,how big of a gap do you get between the front of your door and the front fender.I got a gap big enough to put my hand in on one side and zero gap (fender and door touching ) on the other.Ive got big cracks starting to show up on my top around the windows.I also have had a few cracks that Ive had to weld up on the crossmember that runs under the motor.Ive also broken one of the spot welds on the front fenders next to the hinge on both sides.This is the only Blazer Ive owned so I dont have anything to compare it to.Its not a big deal to me ,I was just wondering if anyone elses does this.

All work and no beer makes Frizz a dull boy

2. Triaged

Triaged 1/2 ton status

I can't open the doors when mine is flexed! Good thing it is a full convertable! My bumper has also hit the trim around my tail light. I am going to go for a full cage as soon as I get the money to stop this.

'71 Blazer CST with alot of rust

3. Waxer

Waxer 1/2 ton status Author

It also depends on if you have a body lift or not. body lifts will cause more flex and damage. Which is why I removed mine.

4. 1big78k5

1big78k5 Registered Member

Check to see how your body mount rubbers are also. If some are shot or loose that will help to do some weird things to your body.

'78 K5 SB400, T350, NP203, 35" Swampers

5. DBLAZER

DBLAZER 1/2 ton status

<font color=purple>This is totally normal, its going to twist!!!

[image]http://www.darkknight.ca/images/dklogo.gif[/image]
    http://autotronixcaraudio.com

6. taterblazer

taterblazer 1/2 ton status

Check your body mounts, you might have a broken or loose bolt.

7. michaelm

michaelm 1/2 ton status

while your checking stuff notice the rust bleeding around every rivet that holds the crossmembers to the frame. you can stich weld everything that is riveted or drill the rivets out oversized and use bolts and stover nuts. the front crossmember under the fuel pump is probably cracked as well. if you stitch weld them you will be amazed at how solid the frame gets. did that with my first frame at the same time i did the steering box repairs.