Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

body lift and a stick..got some questions for those who know

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by supersize75k5, Feb 16, 2004.

1. supersize75k5

supersize75k5 OrganDonorRacing.com

well I am wanting save up to get new tires for the 75, irocks I would hope, beedloocks too, so I would have my 38's off of it to put on the 83,

only issue is that means more lift to keep trimming down,

so a body lift is in order to keep my drive shaft in the rear from hating me..

but it is a stick, so is it doable or will it bind and cause me issues on hill climbs like I am thinking /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

I and thinking 6 inch bds and 3 inch body, just like the 75 has /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif My blazers could be twins..but one will be the ugly one that got dropped alot /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

or just get some 35's for the 83 and keep the tsl's on the 75??

to many options /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

2. heavy4x4

heavy4x4 1/2 ton status

You're doing it again, man. /forums/images/graemlins/shame.gif

Keep the DAILY DRIVER to 33-35" or less. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

3. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Keep the 83 as near to stock as possible. Don't do stuffing those 38's on there. You'll mess it all up, spend 5X more on it than you wanted and you'll have to put even nastier tires on the 75 and mess that truck up even worse.

Go to the nearest mirror...look yourself in the yese and give yourself a good hard slap. /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

Repeat until there are no more crazy thoughts about a DD with 38's and 9" of lift anymore.

Rene

4. daleearnhardt01

daleearnhardt01 1/2 ton status

Shawn, you drive me crazy...... /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif

First off you say you want to have a DD and your trail only Blazer. Why in the world would you want 9" lift and 38s on a strictly DD rig? I really dont understand why you're even putting 3/4 ton running gear under it. /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif

Basically your heading down the same road that you went down for you 75. You just need to do what Rene says and smack yourself a few times to get those asinine thoughts out of your head. If you do the massive lift and tires on the 83 then you'll be regreting it later. So just do me and the rest of us a favor- dont take the 83 to extremes. Slap some 33's or 35s on and call it done. Spare us the pain of watching you go down the same path twice......../forums/images/graemlins/shame.gif /forums/images/graemlins/shame.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

5. bablazer73

bablazer73 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    You're doing it again, man. /forums/images/graemlins/shame.gif

Keep the DAILY DRIVER to 33-35" or less. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, Even though I want to get my DD up a little more!! RESIST TEMPTATION!!!

6. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

35s. that is all that truck needs. Put some lockers in it, 35's some armor, 4.10's, 3/4 ton, call it a day.

DD wheeler. They are much better then a giant beefed up trail only rig.

Harley

7. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

P.S. 6" is to much for 35's. Go with 6" BDS minus the overload for 5" total lift or so. Matt runs 37's & 4" and it works really well.

Harley

8. mountainexplorer

mountainexplorer 1/2 ton status

I'll agree too on 35's.

Something like this:
    [​IMG]

9. supersize75k5

ok I have been kicking myself all day about this, and I knew I would get flammed too /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif

one side of me says..

horsepower, more horse power "tim taylor grunt" built tranny 3/4 axels and set up for high rpm. This would solve the need for speed problem too, and I dont care about gas.

then the other side says a nice lifted truck, 38's and just play with it off road, camping ect..no rocks! But I want it lifted and set up like the 75, I loved driving it everywhere.

then I think, keep the thiing 4 inch lift, stock axels and just run the 33's and clean it up real nice, build a rear bumper and prerunner front, wheel at local hang out and keep it nice so I could sell it if I wanted too.

problems I see is I want the same thing for both /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

I dont care about gas milage though, I know this sounds stupid but I love the 75, no top, doors ect and I still choose to drive that at 3:30 am than a truck with a heater. I love it that much, I smile when I drive it it just makes me happy /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif I love it when the secondaries open up and here a big block roar /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif Right now I am secretly puting another one together, I just got a fresh block bored 30 over, new internals and I just need to choose a cam and butten her up, I am just pulled in so many directions.

I want this... [​IMG]

and the other one like this..

[​IMG]

I just want the same thing I had 3 monthes ago..or am I just asking to much of myself /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif I have backed off the 75 and spending time on the 83, I will be able to drive it after I get the title next week and I just want to get stuff done while I am waiting.

I "DID" have the 75 where I was able to get in and go but lucky/unlucky for me I found the crew cab and my well thought out plan went right out the window. I feel like everything has been a mess since /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

then I get in a bad car wreck, the guy who hit us had no insurance totaled my frinds suv and ruined the towdolly I rented so everything is nuts. Not to mention the doctor bills that I payed out on..everything just went haywire at the same time /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif all of this while trying to maintain and satify my wants.. It just cant be done /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif

so maby I will leave the 83 alone I hope, but it is not likey, I may decide to keep the 10 bolts and just keep it up and make it nice or something. If all goes good the 75 should have a healthy big block alive and well in a week or so, solve a few other issues and I will have my pride and joy back.

I think I will wait untill then to make any major changes to the 83..wel I am happy that sounds like a good plan to me /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

ah thanks, I hope all goes well..but that 10 bolt will be gone one day, maby not tommarow, but it will have to go /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

10. az-k5

az-k5 1/2 ton status

Yes I understand your temtations, BUT THOSE PICTURES ARE OF THE SAME K5 /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif remember... /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

11. supersize75k5

/forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

I know but if I had the one, and a nice one...

anyways I have decided to wait untill the 75 is up and ready to wheel before I make any major decisions /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

I woud rather keep the 205 than trade it off and then I could get my doubler done and have a low crawl ratio that I desire, wheel it for a while and have another build up during the summer for the coils and a 4 link that I drool over /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

the blue one looks good and I just lifted it so I might asz well leave it be for a little while, seems like I have a plan for now /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

12. supersize75k5

/forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

I know but if I had the one, and a nice one...

anyways I have decided to wait untill the 75 is up and ready to wheel before I make any major decisions /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

I woud rather keep the 205 than trade it off and then I could get my doubler done and have a low crawl ratio that I desire, wheel it for a while and have another build up during the summer for the coils and a 4 link that I drool over /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

the blue one looks good and I just lifted it so I might asz well leave it be for a little while, seems like I have a plan for now /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

13. Hardcore

Hardcore 1/2 ton status

Project Daily Driver has turned into project Money Pit II /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif