Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Body Lift/Body Mount Help Needed

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by derek2002, Nov 6, 2000.

1. derek2002

derek2002 1/2 ton status

I just bought an 86 Chevy cab that was setup (extended linkages) for a 3" body lift. When I took my truck apart, I threw away all the original body mounts because they were rotted, planning on replacing them. When I got this cab, I decided to just get a 3" body lift instead or re-welding the linkages. So... I got my body lift (came without instructions) and I cant figure it out. Do I need stock body mounts IN ADDITION to the body lift? Let me know. Should I just get replacement mounts from ORD? Where else could I get what I need? Thanks alot!

Later,

-Derek
    1986 3/4 Ton & 1987 Blazer Project
    http://www.4chevy.com

2. Zepplin

Zepplin 1/2 ton status

Hey Derek,

So when you bought the body lift you got the 3-inch "pucks" and the nuts and bolts. You said you threw away the other body components? So you need to get the large washers, the other metal body mount and some new rubber or polyurethane units. I bought new polyurethane ones when I put my 3" body lift on. You can get all these at a dealership. But, you can get polyurethane body bushings from Skyjacker or Energy Suspension. Let me know if this makes sense.

Dazed and Confused in a 74 Blazer

Zeppelin

3. Boss

Boss 1/2 ton status Author

Derek,
    Yes, you need those body mounts in addition to the 3" body lift blocks that you will be installing.
    But since you said the old rubber mounts were crappy anyways, then you should either get new rubber ones (from LMC or GM shop) or Polyurethane mounts. I went with Energy suspension.
    You'll also need the factory sleeve, that you might have thrown away with the mounts, (its a circular metal piece that has a tube shape sticking out of it). Anyways, that sleeve goes into the body mount. You will place the 3" blocks on top of that sleeve that is on top of the body mount. You stick the bolts through the block, and sleeve.
    Sorry I can't really explain right, but I think the only place you can get the sleeve is from the dealer. Just tell them that its the factory sleeve that goes into the rubber mounts and is between the body and the mount. Not sure if this is a really vital peice though, but I guess if you want it done right, you may need it.
    Boss
    http://www.boss.coloradok5.com

[​IMG]

4. k5king

k5king 1/2 ton status

i'd just buy the urethane bushings,,they're only about 50-80 bucks for a set...the original ones from GM are WAY to expensive,, or at least they are around here anyway...

ANYBODY LOSE THEIR JEEP????????[​IMG]
    I JUST FOUND ONE UNDER MY BLAZER!!!![​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]