Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

body lift brands and types

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by four_by_ken, May 2, 2002.

1. four_by_ken

four_by_ken 1/2 ton status

Well, I talked myseld out of a 3 inch body lift. Not going any lower than a 2 inch though. And this is just to avoid problems with my shifters.

So, who has used what brand out there? Any thing that someone did not like, or did exceptionally like.

I did search, but there are way to many results to sort through.

Thanks
    Ken H.

2. luk3

luk3 1/2 ton status

well. i bought one from summit racing, its cheap in price. The intructions was jsut a sheet of paper but it was easy to install, i did it with minimal tools and did it my self in a weekend.also did it without any experince in them. I did have one propblem i had to replace my rubber joint going to the powerstearing motor, it was old and the extended 3 inches just ripped it after a few weeks. you might want to watch that, that would not be good if that broke on the highway or on a trail.

3. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Don't make such a big deal out of shifters!! Me and my buddy extended his in a matter of minutes.

4. MudbogAD

MudbogAD 1/2 ton status

I don't think a 2" will be any better than a 3" with the shifter issue. I got a Performance Accesories 3" body lift. The instructions were well written and was very easy to install. You can buy them through JCWhitney or hill4wheeldrive com.

5. MudbogAD

MudbogAD 1/2 ton status

I don't think a 2" will be any better than a 3" with the shifter issue. I got a Performance Accesories 3" body lift. The instructions were well written and was very easy to install. You can buy them through JCWhitney or hill4wheeldrive.com.

6. four_by_ken

Well, I forgot to mention that this is an issue with the shifter setup fro ORD and it is for a doubler. So, it is an issue.

Otherwise I wouldnt worry about it at all. Never did before. But, the doubler changes that.

I would rather not modify their shifters. I have enough other little things to do.

Ken H.

7. four_by_ken

I should have mentioned.. this is concerning the ORD doubler shifters. So, the differance between the 2 and 3 inch does matter.

I dont think there is a big differance in body lifts, just wondering if there is a bad one out there. Cant hurt to ask before I buy.

Thanks
    Ken H.

8. badbowtie86

badbowtie86 Registered Member

I have a performance accessories 3in that i bought and decided against installing that i would be willing to get rid of for cheap. it has all the hardware and has never been used.

9. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Well either way I put a 3" performance accessories on my buddy's K10 a few weeks ago and it went great.

I'm sure someone here has a doubler and a 3" body and can help you.

Steve won't make you custom shifters for the body lift?