Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Body Lift for 6.2

Discussion in '1982-Present GM Diesel' started by ae864cd, Dec 19, 2001.

1. ae864cd

ae864cd Registered Member

I was going to get a body lift for my 6.2 but i can't find one. Does anyone know why the gasser kits will not fit?

2. Tybee

Tybee 1/2 ton status

Ive never heard of anyone being asked for there engine type when buying a body lift, only year and make of truck. There cant be a difference, but then I could be wrong.

1984 GMC Jimmy 379 diesel, 700R4, 3.73s, 31x10.50 x 15

3. ae864cd

ae864cd Registered Member

well the problem is that there are two kits available for the vehicle but both say (exc diesel) I would imagine that it should be the same. I just need to know if anyone out there has a body lift installed in their diesel. I mean the kit for a 3 inch lift is 80bucks, and if i was to go suspension its more like 400 bucks. I use this thing for the streat mostly and my suspension was rebuilt last year. that is why i am interested in the body lift to make room for larger tires.

4. Espen88k5

Espen88k5 1/2 ton status

I cant think of any reasons it should make any diffrence. I installed a Warn black diamond kit on mine and had no problems.
    Pics of the install:

<font color=red><a target="_blank" href=http://www.espen88k5.alloffroad.com>www.espen88k5.alloffroad.com</a></font color=red>