Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Body LIft Gap

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by sd17sd, Jul 14, 2005.

1. sd17sd

sd17sd Registered Member

Okay okay i know its a body lift but is all i can afford right now but on my K5 there is a huge gap in the back where the bumper and tailgate is and i dont know how i can fill that ive been thinking bout calling a fab shop and seeing if they can fab one up for me like a filler plate but i was wondering if anyone had any pictures of one so i could look at one already fabbed thanks :D

2. stockk5

stockk5 1/2 ton status Premium Member

you could just simply get some sheet metal.. make a lil bracket and even screw the thing into ur body or something back there to take up the space. Why have a body shop fab up something? you could go to Lowes buy an angle grinder for 25bucks.. buy the metal for another 20bucks.. and 1can of spray paint and be done w/ it. Thats IF you dont have any of those things already.

3. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Think brackets too raise your bumper(s) :thinking: :doah:

4. Brocky

Brocky 1/2 ton status

I would make up some brackets to relocate the bumper. There is a K5 here with a piece of flat tin on to cover the gap and it looks stupid. :) I might be able to get a picture for ya to see how stupid it looks.

5. NerdBoy

NerdBoy 1/2 ton status

I have a 3" body lift on mine. I found that I could unbolt the bumper brackets from the frame, and move it up to another set of holes. I still had to drill 2 holes in the frame for the stock brackets, and use new bolts, but the entire thing cost me about $10, and 2 hours of work, and the gap is completely gone.
    I did have to fab up some bracketing for the stock filler plate, but it isn't structural, so it was pretty easy.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 14, 2005
  6. highrlr

highrlr 1/2 ton status

Chalk another one up for relocating your bumper! I also think the filler plates look a little ghetto :doah:

7. sd17sd

sd17sd Registered Member

thanks

yeah me and one of my friends were talking bout that and i saw one in town today on a newer chevy and it looked like crap i had to laugh so i think im gonna go with the idea of relocating my bumper thanks yall :D