Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Body Lift Help

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 79Stomper, May 29, 2004.

1. 79Stomper

79Stomper 1/2 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Mar 4, 2004
    All right. Went to put in my ORD 1" body lift today and lost the stinking instructions. I just need to know where the longer bolts go to. I am thinking it is going to be for the #5's on the back by the fuel but just want to make sure before I put them in and half to yank them back out. Going to get up early in the am and finish this pig off and throw the winch underneath it and be DONE, well until I find some 3/4 or 1 ton axles.

TIA /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

2. mccomas

mccomas 1/2 ton status

May 30, 2003
    i am not sure how ORD packages their kit but my positions 4 and 5 were carriage bolts. you will only install one side at a time - just lay them out in order and match up the new stuff. even though you will only pull one side at a time, you will want to loosen up the other side just a few turns to give it a bit of flex. even with a one inch, i had to adjust transfer and transmission linkage. fan shroud will have to be trimmed a bit at the bottom. get lots of penetrating fluid on positions 2 and 3. those positions have the nut head tacked in the body support channel and if it pulls loose, you will have to cut into the channel. good luck…