Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

body lift in stallmeant

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Chase, Mar 14, 2004.

1. Chase

Chase Registered Member

how hard is it ive never put a lift on im 16 my brother whos 17 and other freind who is 18 who drive k5s and know alot are gonna help ya think we can do it ive got a suburban how many jacks and stuff do we know ya think and eney body got eney pics with a truck with a body lift just wanta see tha /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

2. Confedneck

Confedneck 3/4 ton status

its not that hard.. its heavy work though... how big of a body lift?

3. rjfguitar

rjfguitar 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    I have about 10" of lift 3" of it being from the body lift.
    The main problem with the body lift is that there is no aftermarket bumper brackets available for these vehicles so you have a nasty 3" gap between the bumpers and the body. I added a pic before I lifted the bumpers and the top 2 are pics after I lifted the bumpers. It isn't all that hard to do but you need a welder, torch, and decent fab skills.

It was a pain in the friggin' ass to put my body lift on! The last set of bolts that are next to the gas tank are where most of the trouble lies. It took me a few hours just to get the old bolts out and I had to drop my tow hitch to do it. You will need two jacks to lift up both the front and back of one side at a time to get the body pucks in. Make sure you watch all of your lines as you jack it up and it will probably scare the crap out of you when you relize how high one side has to go just to get the pucks in. Basically BL are cheap but a b!tch to do and take a lot of work to make everything right if looks are a concern and if you can afford to just buy a lift kit 3" extra tall than that is the way to go.

BTW eney=any /forums/images/graemlins/shame.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

4. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

Look in my webshots, I have a 75 burb with a 2" body lift with some pics /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. tahnks for the help your k5 is bad
    /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif

6. bablazer73

bablazer73 1/2 ton status

This truck has a 3" body lift.
    [​IMG]
    My biggest problem was getting the old bolts out. In the great northeast, everything gets VERY rusty. I don't know how things are for you down their, but Have a can of WD 40, or whatever you like handy. Like RF said, NOBODY makes bumper brackets for these. I modified my bumper brackets and relocated them myself. They are for "posing" only. I wouldn't hit anything with what i made!! But with the bumpers as high as they are, I didn't really think it mattered!! All the fuel lines stretched enough, but my steering column came up short. I made mine 1" longer. My body lift also didn't come with anything to relocate my fan shroud. I made some brakets myself for that also. I still need to come up with an extension for my T-case handle. If you have a 203 or 205, It might be tough to reach the handle. If you have a 208, the shifter rod Will have to be adjusted. I have a cable shifter for my tranny. If you have a column shift, that will also have to be adjusted.

7. txfireman110

txfireman110 1/2 ton status

My K5 has a 3" that took about half a day with me and my little brother and a hi-lift to lift the body at the rockers! The old bolts have a tendency to suck though.