Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Body Lift Kits *throws on flame suit*

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by MuddQueenK5, Jan 13, 2006.

1. MuddQueenK5

MuddQueenK5 Registered Member

I have been searching on this site and couldn't find the answer to my question about body lifts. I am only doing a 1" body lift just for some extra clearance nothing crazy. In my YJ world, they had kits that included the polyurethane bushings for $110.

I checked ORD's website and it looks as if their kit is just the inserts that you push over the existing mounts? So that would mean I would need to purchase the polyurethane mounts seperate? I was just wondering if anyone came across a website/company that sold the lift+bushings in one kit.

Description of ORD's Lift:
    http://www.offroaddesign.com/catalog/oneinchlift.htm

2. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

you could get both from ORD, np. Give them a ring-ring and they'll take care of you. Its a good thing that ORD sells everything seperately... because it allows people to use whatever bushings they want with their ORD body lift "pucks". Some people like factory-style rubber... others want poly of one specific brand or another.

j

3. DieselSub

DieselSub Registered Member

What's wrong with pucks?

I have a YJ and did a hockey puck body lift for around $15 total. Why not do the same thing for your Chevy? All you need is the right number of pucks and new longer bolts.

4. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

i dont want to be a bad person . but we dont do the hockey puck stuff around hear. that is just not safe. build it safe or dont play . your life and others is not worth it for a few bucks.

and i think what he is saying is he wants to find the poly mounts that have 1" extra built in to them. the jeep kits can be gotten like that.

5. DieselSub

DieselSub Registered Member

I certainly don't want to recommend anything dangerous. I'm curious - what is the problem with the hockey puck lifts? How do they fail? I read a lot on the Jeep sites and didn't run across any people advising against it - but I'd really like to know if there's something I missed...

Thanks,

Mike

6. sweetk30

most states with lift laws dont like them. and thay are made for slaping around with a stick and not for the spacing of a full body. plus a full size body is more than 2 times a jeep tub in weight. i have seen pics of new hockey pucks with stickers still on them that have cracked . i also know a good friend of mine lost a friend of his years ago from making a cheep body lift and using the wrong stuff. the body came off and it was a big ball of steel with him in.

just not worth it in my opinon.

ord sells 1" slugs of aluminim for this use.

7. MuddQueenK5

MuddQueenK5 Registered Member

*Fixed*

And yes, that is exactly what I am looking for.

8. kram

kram Registered Member

mine is a 88 sub 8900 lbs

are the ord pucks and poly bushings ok?
    or is there a 1" taller poly for sale?
    thanks.

9. 79k20350

79k20350 3/4 ton status

no 1" taller poly for fullsizes. a 1" ord puck and poly bushing (of you like poly) are the y way to go.

10. sweetk30

i am sorry . my bad. few females on her. and i have not seen extra polys for full size. i run polys and then body lift of my choice in size. i had some aluminum slugs one time. if you do it use lots of good never size on them. the bolt froze in mine .

11. kram

kram Registered Member

thanks

i gotta replace some crushed mounts anyway so i will do it right the first time.