Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Body lift on 97 1/2 ton

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by MudFlap, Dec 9, 2002.

1. MudFlap

MudFlap 1/2 ton status

I am asking this for a buddy that wants me to help him put a body lift on his 97 1/2 ton chevy. I put a 2" body lift on my 89 blazer and it wasn't much trouble at all.

Does anyone know if it will be much more trouble to put a 3" body lift on his truck?

Is there anything that I specially need to watch out for that might be a problem on his truck that was not a problem on my truck?

Thanks,

Trey

2. heavy4x4

heavy4x4 1/2 ton status

Shouldn't be a whole lot different. It will help to have your experience.
    Just a few more electrical connections to watch for - electronically controlled tranny, transfercase, etc.
    Also, don't go disconnecting/messing with any yellow (I think) connectors by the front bumper area. Don't need to be blowing up his air-bags accidently. /forums/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

3. MudFlap

MudFlap 1/2 ton status

Thanks,

Trey

4. MudFlap

MudFlap 1/2 ton status

Anything else that I need to look out for?

Trey

5. bad_bo_ti

bad_bo_ti 1/2 ton status

i havent messed much with the air bag chevys (have a 93) but from what i have seen on cars most air bag sensors are mounted up on the top to middle of the core support. might want to watch out for the air intake tubes also as it will put these in a bind(3in higher than normal and the motor 3in lower) then just the typical stuff, fan shroud brake lines steering wheel ect, my truck the guy who orignally had it they installed a 3in spacer for the fan shroud so it could still all be there. also pay attention to instructions, i think on my 93 and my brothers 94 there where 2 different size lift blocks(smaller in diameter) and i think they have a certain place to go, both of ours are x-cabs. hope this helps. chris