Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Body Lift on 99 Suburban 1500

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by schapman43, Mar 30, 2006.

1. schapman43

schapman43 Registered Member

I would like to put 33" tires on our daily driver 99 Suburban 1500. Modifying the fenders at this point is not an option. I need to wait until I get my wife another vehicle before anything drastic can be considered. Anyway, I was thinking a 2-3" body lift would be the way to go. Mainly because they are inexpensive. :)

Anyway, how involved is a body lift install? If I cant do it myself what do shops usually charge for the install? Would a 2" or 3" allow me to run 33" tires?

2. goldwing2000

goldwing2000 Guest

Don't know anything about '99 burbs specifically but with any body lift, you'll have to look at the steering shaft, brake lines, fuel filler and any electrical harnesses and ground straps. If you have rear HVAC, you'll have to watch the lines for that, too.
    Other than that, you just have to find a way to fill the bumper gap and you should be good to go.

3. schapman43

Yikes! Almost sounds like a suspension lift would be worth the extra cost.

4. goldwing2000

goldwing2000 Guest

Oh, no... you don't EVEN want to get into a suspension lift on an IFS truck. Now THAT is a major hassle. :doah: The cost is only the beginning!

Anyway, all that stuff is just things you need to keep an eye on while you're lifting. You may or may not have to modify any of them.

5. schapman43

Looks like I just need to do some more research. I really need to find someone with the same vehicle that went the same route. Thanks for the replies Goldwing.

6. goldwing2000

goldwing2000 Guest

No problem.

Maybe look for a message board that doesn't describe itself as "Home of the 1969-91 Blazer/Jimmy including GM Trucks and Suburbans." :D

7. schapman43

Thats probably good advice :D