Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Body Lift on a Tahoe

Discussion in '1992-Present Chevy & GMC models' started by chevelless502, Jun 16, 2002.

1. chevelless502

chevelless502 Registered Member

I have a 1999 Tahoe I am going to put a body lift on (I think), I am wanting to clear 285/75R16 Tires on 16x8 Wheels. I am only going to go 2" Does this sound ok and is it MAJOR work to put this on? If so what is the best place to get the good body lift at as far as quality and best parts. Does anyone have any pics of 4 door Tahoes with body lifts on them? Thanks Andy

2. MudNurI

MudNurI 1/2 ton status

Andy,

to put 285/75/16's on 16x8 you don't need a body lift. I had my 305/75/16 on 16x9 rims on John's 99 Z-71, the rims didn't fit due to backspacing..well they fit but hit the calipers..but the tires were fine. He had them on it for about 2 months..If your only doing the body lift for the tires to fit, get the tires first,, im 99% positive you wont need the body lift.

I also had the same exact tires/rims on my 94 1/2 ton suburban with no problems.

of course, I never took either of these off-road and they didn't need to flex

brandy